Re: Lesser known guitarists...

Post by Bg »

hamo wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:54 pm
Bg wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:14 pm
Slowy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:32 am

No
I heard he was a really shit comedian?
Instagram influencer.
A really shit instagram influencer comedian?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

Rhett Shull.

“Hi I’m Rhett Shull. I’m going to review this awesome sounding pedal that was sent to me for free, but it’s not a sponsored video, it’s my own opinion.”

"Hi I'm Rhett Shull. The problem with modern Gibsons is that they are made by machines, not 19th century blacksmiths using hammers."

"Hi I'm Rhett Shull. I find the best guitars using my ears alone. My ears can hear low frequency vibrations such as a small rodent 500 metres away making a nest, which I then track, kill with my hands and eat raw."
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

werdna wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:38 pm Rhett Shull.

“Hi I’m Rhett Shull. I’m going to review this awesome sounding pedal that was sent to me for free, but it’s not a sponsored video, it’s my own opinion.”

"Hi I'm Rhett Shull. The problem with modern Gibsons is that they are made by machines, not 19th century blacksmiths using hammers."

"Hi I'm Rhett Shull. I find the best guitars using my ears alone. My ears can hear low frequency vibrations such as a small rodent 500 metres away making a nest, which I then track, kill with my hands and eat raw."
I don't know why, but he looks like he's going to be annoying as shit on a shoe before he even opens his mouth. I've watched a couple of minutes of one of his videos and that was 1:59 too much

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

This guy just bores me to tears. He must have spent his whole life just copying SRV & Philip Sayce's licks

He appears to use his videos to build hype around what he owns and then sells it on a few weeks later, no doubt for a sizeable profit (again in this video, only 47 secs in and I see he's just done exactly that). Also doesn't seem averse to pushing pedals and whatever gets sent his way

I realise there's tons of people that think he's amazing, to me he's one of the most unoriginal players on YouTube

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Jeremy B. Goode is massively underrated. He can play that guitar just like ringing a bell.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:51 am This guy just bores me to tears. He must have spent his whole life just copying SRV & Philip Sayce's licks

He appears to use his videos to build hype around what he owns and then sells it on a few weeks later, no doubt for a sizeable profit (again in this video, only 47 secs in and I see he's just done exactly that). Also doesn't seem averse to pushing pedals and whatever gets sent his way

I realise there's tons of people that think he's amazing, to me he's one of the most unoriginal players on YouTube
If he is trying to demo Hendrix tones - doesn't it kinda make sense that he plays Hendrixy licks?

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

This guy is great. Actually the whole trio is great. But funky lead bits at 10:00 and 15:10

quyet
Gibson
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by quyet »

mule wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:13 pm This guy is great. Actually the whole trio is great. But funky lead bits at 10:00 and 15:10
shizz was gonna post this but they were #1 on the jazz charts

jimmy james also plays direct to amp, no pedals, and reaches over to make adjustments mid jam
way too cool...

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

That Jimmy James guy, you know the licks but then he makes them sound fresh all over again. I miss good live music in small venues.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

It's gotta be Joanna Connor. She shreds the piss out of this Les Paul. It's also nice to have a woman in the sausage factory of guitardom.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/iSwoM7WIy5M[/youtube]

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

quyet wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:27 pm
mule wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:13 pm This guy is great. Actually the whole trio is great. But funky lead bits at 10:00 and 15:10
shizz was gonna post this but they were #1 on the jazz charts

jimmy james also plays direct to amp, no pedals, and reaches over to make adjustments mid jam
way too cool...
Hah I had no idea who they were - not my usual fare. Only came across this session after failing down rabbit hole of KEXP sets. Some great stuff on there.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Sue Foley, she has the blues. Can play that paisley tele! Was guitarist in Albert Collins band and has been playing in Texas for a long time. Good singer and writer as well.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

This is crazy good, she's not a million miles away from Nuno's tone either

If you don't want to watch the whole thing just jump in at 2:29 :crazy:

This one is near enough note for note perfect

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

His work on the first two megadeth albums was killer, massive fan back in the day but never checked out his other work which has a jazz fusion shred thing going on, doing a bit of exploring...

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:46 pm I just discovered this guy called John Mayer, anyone heard of him?
No.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.