jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: I think I want a Flint

Post by jeremyb »

That Hydra sounds so good!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Jellybelly »

Flint is a no brainer. Pick one up second hand give it a whirl. If it is not your jam you will at least get back what you paid :thumbup:

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by IMOCD »

Toying with the idea of picking one up too. I'm just a bit worried I'm not going to like digital reverb, meaning I essentially end up with a very expensive trem. I've got already got that base covered with a DR Scientist tremolessence which is crazy good!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

IMOCD wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:25 am Toying with the idea of picking one up too. I'm just a bit worried I'm not going to like digital reverb, meaning I essentially end up with a very expensive trem. I've got already got that base covered with a DR Scientist tremolessence which is crazy good!
Flint has 3 flavours each of trem and reverb. A picky man you would be to not find something that appealed to you.

My Flint is a 'job done' pedal. I have no reason to change it.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

IMOCD wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:25 am Toying with the idea of picking one up too. I'm just a bit worried I'm not going to like digital reverb, meaning I essentially end up with a very expensive trem. I've got already got that base covered with a DR Scientist tremolessence which is crazy good!
Jellybelly wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:19 am Flint is a no brainer. Pick one up second hand give it a whirl. If it is not your jam you will at least get back what you paid :thumbup:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

"Sterilemon" - I really love that haha

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

So it's a pedal with just standard trem and verb or am I missing something? It seems to be one of the most desired pedals on this forum for some reason :rofl:

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Jops wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:10 am So it's a pedal with just standard trem and verb or am I missing something? It seems to be one of the most desired pedals on this forum for some reason :rofl:
I've owned it twice and no longer own one now, tried to like it but wasn't for me :oops:

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Almost never use tremolo so I can't justify. Although the other guitarist in my band got a Flint and I can confirm the reverbs are bloody nice.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Jops wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:10 am So it's a pedal with just standard trem and verb or am I missing something? It seems to be one of the most desired pedals on this forum for some reason :rofl:
Three types of term. Three types of reverb. Stereo input and output. Simple, but highly effective.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

I had found the hype around Strymon very displeasing, sadly the Flint covers the usefulness yet is one of the few Strymon pedals to actually have character. The verbs definitely sound nicer to me than the Bigsky too.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

robthemac wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:17 am
Three types of term. Three types of reverb. Stereo input and output. Simple, but highly effective.
Vanilla, vanilla or vanilla?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

I like vanilla.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Also, I didn't know I would genuinely use three types of reverb and three types of tremolo until I had the Flint. The '61 Harmonic Trem does a pretty convincing I Don't Trust Myself With Loving You tone. The '80s Hall Reverb gets me close enough to Wicked Game. I was expecting to sit on the Spring Reverb and Tube Trem the whole time, but not so!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I'm really happy with the reverb in the AC10 so pulled the proverbial lever of ignition upon one of these while prymaxe are doing 20% off:

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.