kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: Playing ambitions?

Post by kdawg2a »

I'm considering starting a 1 man covers band. It'll be myself on guitar, a drum machine and a mic for any audience members who want to sing.
I will play Wagon Wheel, Brown Eyed Girl and Blister In The Sun on repeat for 3 hours.
I firmly believe people won't be able to force dirty cash into my hand fast enough as I rocket to the top of the NZ pub scene.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

MattH
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by MattH »

kdawg2a wrote:I'm considering starting a 1 man covers band. It'll be myself on guitar, a drum machine and a mic for any audience members who want to sing.
I will play Wagon Wheel, Brown Eyed Girl and Blister In The Sun on repeat for 3 hours.
I firmly believe people won't be able to force dirty cash into my hand fast enough as I rocket to the top of the NZ pub scene.
I have a friend who plays for a well known Christchurch folk band. He'll play any song you want for 20 bucks, or 50 if it's wagon wheel....
All the gear... absolutely no idea...

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

MattH wrote:
sty wrote:
MattH wrote:Right hand technique!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iacQvKMSx6A
Interesting. I saw this, or an edit of it, a while back and it kind of made sense but it started to feel like it was one of those "miracle cure" scams and I forgot to check out on here if people thought it made sense.
I just posted a big reply, but it's gone for some reason.

Anyway, there's no scam here. He's just asking you to focus a little more on your right hand picking. I spent a lot of time on this when learning finger picking acoustic and it definitely helps.
I found it incredibly useful, I've worked through what he's saying and it has tidied up my picking significantly.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

kdawg2a wrote:I'm considering starting a 1 man covers band. It'll be myself on guitar, a drum machine and a mic for any audience members who want to sing.
Don't forget "why does love do this to me" and you're onto a winner
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Do it bro... Before you get a drum machine tho, check out this out! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnHT1nGJt78&app=desktop

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

None really. I just like guitar and occasionally do it.