Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Voxshall
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

NPD King Tone Duallist

Post by Voxshall »

Anyone else tried out any king tone pedals?

I just got myself a duellist and it's the best tubescreamer I've ever heard in my life and the bluesbreaker side is also killer sounding for a heavily gained up bluesbreaker pedal tone, I use a prince of tone for the light gain bluesbreaker stuff and stacking different combinations of the three is just killer. The duellist has this grind to it that makes you want to dig in and hit notes really hard to bring out the grind but you can also pick light and delicate for more flutey smoothness, you can have less gain than you would usually use and the woody sound of the guitar and the amp shines through even when the pedal is on. I haven't even had an opportunity to play it loud yet it's just such a great sounding pedal, maybe it's a perfect match for my two rock bloomfield drive as lots of bloomfield drive (and two rock owners) are starting to use them.
Last edited by Voxshall on Tue May 21, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: NPD King Tone Duallist

Post by bluesierra »

This is good to hear. I have a Duellist and am waiting on a new Two Rock to arrive.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Voxshall wrote:Anyone else tried out any king tone pedals?

I just got myself a duellist and it's the best tubescreamer I've ever heard in my life and the bluesbreaker side is also killer sounding for a heavily gained up bluesbreaker pedal tone, I use a prince of tone for the light gain bluesbreaker stuff and stacking different combinations of the three is just killer. The duellist has this grind to it that makes you want to dig it and hit notes really hard to bring out the grind but you can also pick light and delicate for more flutey smoothness, you can have less gain than you would usually use and the woody sound of the guitar and the amp shines through even when the pedal is on. I haven't even had an opportunity to play it loud yet it's just such a great sounding pedal, maybe it's a perfect match for my two rock bloomfield drive as lots of bloomfield drive (and two rock owners) are starting to use them.
DIBS !! I used to go to at least 1-2 gigs The Hoax played back when I was in the UK, such a great band and Jesse's a top guy. He was always happy to chat gear, tones and SRV/Hendrix with me after their shows, he was modding his own amps even back then and that would have been 20+ years ago now.

Itching to get one of these pedals, might just have to bite the bullet and order one. Was there much of a wait for it?

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

it looks killer! where did you get it from and how much did it set you back? keen to get one

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

I got it off trademe and probably over paid but I just didn't care and I still don't, it's just fit perfectly in with my setup. What two rock are you going to get bluesierra?

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai

Post by bluesierra »

Waiting on a Classic Reverb Signature. Getting it from Peach Guitars in the UK. They are just waiting on a 2x12 to arrive to ship it. Waiting is killing me.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Amazing, I'm sure it will be worth the wait two rock are on fire at the moment.

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai

Post by bluesierra »

Yeah hopefully. I've loved everything I've seen from them. Looking forward to getting the duellist in front of it now.

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Mattress5 »

Resurrecting this old thread to see if you guys still love this pedal 5 months on?
Thinking of ordering one and ditching my ts 808. I've always been a sucker for anything marketed as SRV style. Surprisingly enough I've never magically sounded like srv after buying that stuff though. Surely can't be a lack of talent on my part. Must just need the right piece of gear..