Mr Glyn cool 90 demo

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 828 times
Been liked: 1317 times

Mr Glyn cool 90 demo

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Ok trying.... to do a more professional demo
I've not quite nailed it. Might need to go back and boost the output a bit.

Also I cant for the life of me get the you tube link thing to work here ever.

https://youtu.be/kk1CWTgEblc?si=Z44w03XGaoQtRPoF

Feel free to slam me with criticism as Id like to learn how to do these sort of things properly.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Re: Mr Glyn cool 90 demo

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

sizzlingbadger wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:15 am
Damn you :thumbup:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1109 times
Been liked: 1425 times

Post by robthemac »

Needs more star-wipes. And cleavage.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

I'm curious how it sounds on chords, or with higher gain, or how the interaction with the volume and tone controls are.

Through the 3 minutes the playing and sound doesn't really differ much to showcase more than the noodling side of things.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

NippleWrestler wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:29 am I'm curious how it sounds on chords, or with higher gain, or how the interaction with the volume and tone controls are.

Through the 3 minutes the playing and sound doesn't really differ much to showcase more than the noodling side of things.
Righto good feed back !

Not really a high gain guy so I wouldn’t trust the tone thru my gear.
I had the same reflection about chords after I recorded it
I think one learning point would be to have a plan about what to play before recording. Probably would cut down on the noodle factor

Thanks!

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:32 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:29 am I'm curious how it sounds on chords, or with higher gain, or how the interaction with the volume and tone controls are.

Righto good feed back !

I think one learning point would be to have a plan about what to play before recording. Probably would cut down on the noodle factor

Thanks!
Aye that's what I do, otherwise it's 14 minutes of crap riffs.

I typically start a demo wth the best sound, rather than going through things in order. Since people turn in or turn off after 15 seconds I wanted to get the important message across first then go into the other stuff.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

NippleWrestler wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:44 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:32 am

Righto good feed back !

Thanks!
Aye that's what I do, otherwise it's 14 minutes of crap riffs.

I typically start a demo wth the best sound, rather than going through things in order. Since people turn in or turn off after 15 seconds I wanted to get the important message across first then go into the other stuff.
@nipple - good suggestions racking up , ta

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Post by Reg18 »

Great video! I think it shows the pickup well. I would agree chords are helpful when trying to actually get a gauge on how it sounds, everyone plucks the strings slightly differently but chords seem to even the playing field somewhat.although I’m a hypocrite and don’t always follow my own advise. Choosing what to play and finding more than half an hour to edit a video is what I find the hardest.
And I’m unsure on the copy-write issues of playing other people’s riffs, I’ve only been pulled up once for playing along to Hendrix track, got an email to say your video is now owned by Sony or some such.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

Reg18 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:03 am Great video! I think it shows the pickup well. I would agree chords are helpful when trying to actually get a gauge on how it sounds, everyone plucks the strings slightly differently but chords seem to even the playing field somewhat.although I’m a hypocrite and don’t always follow my own advise. Choosing what to play and finding more than half an hour to edit a video is what I find the hardest.
And I’m unsure on the copy-write issues of playing other people’s riffs, I’ve only been pulled up once for playing along to Hendrix track, got an email to say your video is now owned by Sony or some such.
If you play other people's riffs you'll get pinged, and either the video gets pulled or any money made goes to the copyright holder. Doesn't really matter so much for the little guys who don't do it as a job but I know Ola and Philip McKnight have both been had by this.

It's done by AI these days that'll only get more sophisticated as it grows.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Reg18 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:03 am Great video! I think it shows the pickup well. I would agree chords are helpful when trying to actually get a gauge on how it sounds, everyone plucks the strings slightly differently but chords seem to even the playing field somewhat.although I’m a hypocrite and don’t always follow my own advise. Choosing what to play and finding more than half an hour to edit a video is what I find the hardest.
Thanks Reg
Yeh the time issue is a biggy for sure
I think I’d avoid covering riffs personally where possible. But like I said I’d be better of planning a bit around what to play ahead of time.
Next demo I do I’ll definitely take on board what you and nipplewrestler have mentioned as I think you’re both spot on

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

For what’s its worth Glyn was very happy with the clip and it’s now on his website.
Hopefully I’ll get a chance to demo some more of his pickups. I genuinely think he makes a great product. The p90 now makes that LP a very pleasant guitar for me.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Post by Reg18 »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:52 am For what’s its worth Glyn was very happy with the clip and it’s now on his website.
Hopefully I’ll get a chance to demo some more of his pickups. I genuinely think he makes a great product. The p90 now makes that LP a very pleasant guitar for me.
Everyone plays different so it’s likely a good idea for him
To have a range of styles and genres of his products to showcase.
I personally am stuck in the 90s grunge/rock vibes so tend to listen to similar demos to get an idea of a product. Metal demos or just clean demos I don’t tend to watch.
It’s a great video! Not many people can be bothered to put as much effort as you have into it, good job!

Edit: guessing that must have taken best part of a day to put together?
Last edited by Reg18 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 412 times

Post by dayl »

Nice one

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Reg18 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:25 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:52 am For what’s its worth Glyn was very happy with the clip and it’s now on his website.
Everyone plays different so it’s likely a good idea for him
To have a range of styles and genres of his products to showcase.
I personally am stuck in the 90s grunge/rock vibes so tend to listen to similar demos to get an idea of a product. Metal demos or just clean demos I don’t tend to watch.
It’s a great video! Not many people can be bothered to put as much effort as you have into it, good job!

Edit: guessing that must have taken best part of a day to put together?
It took about an hour of setting up the mic and computer etc and recording and about twice that editing and mucking around.
That being said I didn’t know what I was doing