Telecaster Pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

lukewillasick
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Telecaster Pickups

Post by lukewillasick »

thanks for all of the replies. I have ordered a set of Q pickups which hopefully won't take forever to ship here.
my question now is, can the volume pot that is in the guitar be wired up to bypass the switching part, or is it better to just order a standard one?
the guitar currently has the S1 switching or whatever Fender call it, to me the wiring just seems overly complicated.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

lukewillasick wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:48 am thanks for all of the replies. I have ordered a set of Q pickups which hopefully won't take forever to ship here.
my question now is, can the volume pot that is in the guitar be wired up to bypass the switching part, or is it better to just order a standard one?
the guitar currently has the S1 switching or whatever Fender call it, to me the wiring just seems overly complicated.
Do yourself a favour and get an obsidian wire setup for it: https://tonelounge.co.nz/guitar-wiring/
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

lukewillasick
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by lukewillasick »

I have seen those and other wiring kits.
Was enough of a rabbit hole trying to pick what pickups to order that I didn't know where to even start with them :rofl:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

lukewillasick wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:57 am I have seen those and other wiring kits.
Was enough of a rabbit hole trying to pick what pickups to order that I didn't know where to even start with them :rofl:
Trust me, this is a walk in the park compared to re-wiring your guitar!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

chrispywings
Stagg
Stagg

Post by chrispywings »

I want to buy a hot rail pick up for the bridge of my Squier Affinity tele. Does anyone know how difficult the installation will be? Or would you advise against it and recommend I just buy a different guitar :zomg:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

chrispywings wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:04 pm I want to buy a hot rail pick up for the bridge of my Squier Affinity tele. Does anyone know how difficult the installation will be? Or would you advise against it and recommend I just buy a different guitar :zomg:
If it's a straight swap with your single coil (i.e. standard 3-way Tele wiring) then easy as. A little harder if you're wanting fancy coil tapping or that kinda carry-on.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.