Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY jeremyb
#863110
IMOCD wrote:
HackSaw wrote:Good a thread as any to ask my question. I have the 2019 SG special, P90’s. Has the pcb wiring thing, which I’ve no doubt I wouldn’t even know if I didn’t open it up. However now I know, and I don’t like it! Give me old school (esp 50s wiring). I’ll go for a kit though given my skills with a soldering iron. How does this look?

https://jacksonelectronicluthier.com/sg ... 22uf-caps/


This would be my choice personally. Love how you can swap pups in and out without soldering. Great company to deal with too.

https://tonelounge.co.nz/traditional-vi ... -les-paul/


Kiwi made and incredible quality, have Mat's kits in my tele and Strat!!
BY Candeevr4
#863115
HackSaw wrote:Are the hole routings the same distance apart on LP as on SG?

Apparently not. Also there are a number of variants hence why Matt hasnt produced an sg version..
User avatar
BY ToneLoungeMatt
#863116
HackSaw wrote:Are the hole routings the same distance apart on LP as on SG?

Unfortunately not.

Infact we found the hole spacing on SGs dosent have the same spacing as other SGs which is why we do not offer an option for them.

We hope do do something that will work with just about anything later this year.

PCBs kill the Toanz though so I wouldnt bother :lolno:
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#863117
Thanks Matt! Yeah I don't subscribe to that necessarily, but do want the 50s wiring. Dunno if you can mess with what's in there to make it happen, but I wouldn't trust me to do it!
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#863125
As we know SG stands for Satans Guitar so its no surprise it doesn't fit, like a hot poker in your botty.
User avatar
BY ToneLoungeMatt
#863176
HackSaw wrote:Thanks Matt! Yeah I don't subscribe to that necessarily, but do want the 50s wiring. Dunno if you can mess with what's in there to make it happen, but I wouldn't trust me to do it!


It could actually be super easy depending on what you already have. It is essentially just moving the capacitors over by one lug on the volume controls.
User avatar
BY ToneLoungeMatt
#863177
ToneLoungeMatt wrote:
HackSaw wrote:Thanks Matt! Yeah I don't subscribe to that necessarily, but do want the 50s wiring. Dunno if you can mess with what's in there to make it happen, but I wouldn't trust me to do it!


It could actually be super easy depending on what you already have. It is essentially just moving the capacitors over by one lug on the volume controls.

It is a bit more tricky with a PCB, but still possible.

Otherwise those kits look great.

I am not sure about the VIP centralab style pots. I would absoluteley use them for a vintage vibe, but they look to be specced for looks rather than performance.


/quote]