Mr Glyns Pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3667 times
Been liked: 1955 times

Re: Mr Glyns Pickups

Post by jeremyb »

I must say having a worn guitar is so great, zero fucks given when working on it, the tele would have protective towels and shit all over it :lol:

ToneLoungeMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by ToneLoungeMatt »

You know I was mid way through writing a reply and remembered that mine is a Highway One body......

I built the guitar to replicate a roadworn I had and loved, hence the confusion.

Your body looks killer (still talking about the guitar).

Mr Glynns wires look interesting. Did they go in the Obsidian okay? You can use the screw down ground connector for the ground wires instead of the main terminal if you need too.
Chief of everything my wife said I could be chief of at https://tonelounge.co.nz/

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

ToneLoungeMatt wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:00 am
You know I was mid way through writing a reply and remembered that mine is a Highway One body......

I built the guitar to replicate a roadworn I had and loved, hence the confusion.

Your body looks killer (still talking about the guitar).

Mr Glynns wires look interesting. Did they go in the Obsidian okay? You can use the screw down ground connector for the ground wires instead of the main terminal if you need too.
Cheers! I really love the guitar, I was looking for a highway initially as they were nitro and worn but proved too hard to find secondhand, the road worn was available as a brand new loaded body and they also had some brand new matching necks on www.stratosphereparts.com, was meant to be as I haven't seen them available on there again! Quite keen for a HSS strat as well so keeping my eye out for a highway in that config!

Nope, couldn't get the grounds in, was too thick with the red conductor and the shield wound together like they came, but the shield by itself was fine so I stripped them back and wound the red conductor around the base of the area I'd stripped of the shield and tinned the whole thing, went in fine like that, needed to shorten them a bit anyway so no biggie :)

Had completely forgotten about the screw down ground :lol:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Have done more playing in the last few days than I've done in the month I've had the pickups in my strat, I must say they are excellent, the bridge pickup is actually usable without winding back the tone pot, it has a really nice tone of its own, the neck is absolute perfection, nails the 60s thing I was dreaming of, instant SRV/Mayer tones, adding the middle pickup to either brings in a bit of treble and some really interesting tones of its own, so glad I bought these pickups, they are killer!