Mr Glyns Pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Mr Glyns Pickups

Post by jeremyb »

I must say having a worn guitar is so great, zero fucks given when working on it, the tele would have protective towels and shit all over it :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

JustMatt
Gibson
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by JustMatt »

You know I was mid way through writing a reply and remembered that mine is a Highway One body......

I built the guitar to replicate a roadworn I had and loved, hence the confusion.

Your body looks killer (still talking about the guitar).

Mr Glynns wires look interesting. Did they go in the Obsidian okay? You can use the screw down ground connector for the ground wires instead of the main terminal if you need too.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

ToneLoungeMatt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:00 am You know I was mid way through writing a reply and remembered that mine is a Highway One body......

I built the guitar to replicate a roadworn I had and loved, hence the confusion.

Your body looks killer (still talking about the guitar).

Mr Glynns wires look interesting. Did they go in the Obsidian okay? You can use the screw down ground connector for the ground wires instead of the main terminal if you need too.
Cheers! I really love the guitar, I was looking for a highway initially as they were nitro and worn but proved too hard to find secondhand, the road worn was available as a brand new loaded body and they also had some brand new matching necks on www.stratosphereparts.com, was meant to be as I haven't seen them available on there again! Quite keen for a HSS strat as well so keeping my eye out for a highway in that config!

Nope, couldn't get the grounds in, was too thick with the red conductor and the shield wound together like they came, but the shield by itself was fine so I stripped them back and wound the red conductor around the base of the area I'd stripped of the shield and tinned the whole thing, went in fine like that, needed to shorten them a bit anyway so no biggie :)

Had completely forgotten about the screw down ground :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Have done more playing in the last few days than I've done in the month I've had the pickups in my strat, I must say they are excellent, the bridge pickup is actually usable without winding back the tone pot, it has a really nice tone of its own, the neck is absolute perfection, nails the 60s thing I was dreaming of, instant SRV/Mayer tones, adding the middle pickup to either brings in a bit of treble and some really interesting tones of its own, so glad I bought these pickups, they are killer!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Anyone who played my strat on saturday, if you like what you heard Glyn has a 20% fathers day discount til the 6th of sept!! https://mrglynspickups.com/2020/08/22/f ... -discount/

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Great aren't they? Thinking about two more Tuis to go into my Charvel.
Loving it so far

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

hmmm wonder what a blade style jazz bass pick up would cost?
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

mrmofo wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:03 am hmmm wonder what a blade style jazz bass pick up would cost?
Flick him a message he's really responsive and happy to make custom stuff!

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:23 am
mrmofo wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:03 am hmmm wonder what a blade style jazz bass pick up would cost?
Flick him a message he's really responsive and happy to make custom stuff!
awesome, cool thanks for that. the size of the pickup is an oddball so it would have to be custom made, got the GAS going now
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:35 am Anyone who played my strat on saturday, if you like what you heard Glyn has a 20% fathers day discount til the 6th of sept!! https://mrglynspickups.com/2020/08/22/f ... -discount/
Damn. Only just remembered you'd fitted those pickups. Should've given it a try. Well, it sounded great through your Katana so I can only imagine how wonderful it would sound through a real amp... ;-)

Seriously though, that clean tone was just great.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:04 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:35 am Anyone who played my strat on saturday, if you like what you heard Glyn has a 20% fathers day discount til the 6th of sept!! https://mrglynspickups.com/2020/08/22/f ... -discount/
Damn. Only just remembered you'd fitted those pickups. Should've given it a try. Well, it sounded great through your Katana so I can only imagine how wonderful it would sound through a real amp... ;-)

Seriously though, that clean tone was just great.
HA! Thanks Brian!! It's not going anywhere so next fest!! The pickups are most excellent and I'm really happy with the katana tone I'm getting too, actually using a compressor and a clean boost on full to raise the volume as the clean channel was way quieter than my dirty patches, needed a bit of oomph!

Mosfet
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Mosfet »

Well I've got a set of attitudes on the way for my Baritone. The 20% may have given me a little push towards buying :wink:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mosfet wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:55 pm Well I've got a set of attitudes on the way for my Baritone. The 20% may have given me a little push towards buying :wink:
You won't regret it, he winds excellent pickups!! :thumbup:

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Mosfet wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:55 pm Well I've got a set of attitudes on the way for my Baritone. The 20% may have given me a little push towards buying :wink:
Have a set on the way for my baritone as well. Though tempted to put them into my drop c tele :lol:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »