Mr Glyns Pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Mr Glyns Pickups

Post by Molly »

I have one of his bridge Tele pickups sitting in a box waiting for a Tele. :-)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:36 pm
Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:27 pm
JoeBlow wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:48 pm I've been seeing the ads on YouTube. They all sound great.

Nice to see products of this quality coming out of NZ.
Yeah. We had to import Glyn though.
We're still claiming him!
Hell yes...he's ours now.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Lostininverness
Gibson
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Lostininverness »

Recently arrived - a Cruel Mistress for the bride and a Sassy P90 for the neck!! Now just got to finish the body and fret the neck (and put it all together.... :) ).....
Glyn Pups.jpg
Glyn Pups.jpg (182.84 KiB) Viewed 4576 times

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Shouldn't it be a cruel mistress for the groom?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Jay wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:26 pm Shouldn't it be a cruel mistress for the groom?
Don't be so old-fashioned.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Lostininverness
Gibson
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Lostininverness »

robthemac wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:53 pm
Jay wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:26 pm Shouldn't it be a cruel mistress for the groom?
Don't be so old-fashioned.
Cruel Mistress for them/they??

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Mattallica wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:58 pm First MG pickup order has been put in. Hopefully the Attitude can fix a guitars poor attitude. Roll on Auckland level 3 for shipping..
Installed said pickup today. Can confirm it has saved this guitar from the doldrums. What was muffled and dead sounding is now well balanced and more sustain I think. Chuffed! Thanks Glyn!

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

I have been able to A/B the Cloud 9 vs the Attitude as I put my tele back to drop d, and the Attitude is def more aggressive!

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

I have a couple of questions regarding My Glyns pickups.

The first one is so stupid really, but I'm going to ask it anyway...

1) I have an HSS set of Cloud Nine and two Tuis to go into my hot strat build which has been languishing around for ages waiting for me to decide how to finish the body. I was looking at the pickups recently and realised there's no marking on the Tuis, is there a specific Middle and Neck pickup or are they identical?

The second question is more open ended...

I've always loved a Les Paul, but either not found one that agrees with me or simply couldn't afford to invest in one without being in Love. It's just dawned on me that I have a Les Paul already that I like but I don't really play because it isn't my sound (as if I have a sound, hahahah...) I do enjoy the feel of it and I've had it for ages so I think I'm going to commit a sin and change it up a bit as I'll never get enough for it to justify selling it. It's an Epiphone Zakk Wylde bullseye, I replaced the passive EMG Hzs with the Zakk Wylde 81-85 set and 18V mod but I'm thinking of actually putting something more traditional into it.

I'm toying with putting in a pair of My Glyns "Integrity" vintage humbuckers (PAF style). I could go with the Cloud Nines again for that Super Distortion type of classic thing but I've got that going on in the hot strat so seems more fun to do the classic Les Paul thing.

So big question does anyone in this neck of the woods have a guitar with Integrity pickups in it that I can have a listen to at the next get together. Or does anyone have any thoughts.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

didn't nik do a vid on the Integritys?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

sty wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:23 pm I have a couple of questions regarding My Glyns pickups.

The first one is so stupid really, but I'm going to ask it anyway...

1) I have an HSS set of Cloud Nine and two Tuis to go into my hot strat build which has been languishing around for ages waiting for me to decide how to finish the body. I was looking at the pickups recently and realised there's no marking on the Tuis, is there a specific Middle and Neck pickup or are they identical?

The second question is more open ended...

I've always loved a Les Paul, but either not found one that agrees with me or simply couldn't afford to invest in one without being in Love. It's just dawned on me that I have a Les Paul already that I like but I don't really play because it isn't my sound (as if I have a sound, hahahah...) I do enjoy the feel of it and I've had it for ages so I think I'm going to commit a sin and change it up a bit as I'll never get enough for it to justify selling it. It's an Epiphone Zakk Wylde bullseye, I replaced the passive EMG Hzs with the Zakk Wylde 81-85 set and 18V mod but I'm thinking of actually putting something more traditional into it.

I'm toying with putting in a pair of My Glyns "Integrity" vintage humbuckers (PAF style). I could go with the Cloud Nines again for that Super Distortion type of classic thing but I've got that going on in the hot strat so seems more fun to do the classic Les Paul thing.

So big question does anyone in this neck of the woods have a guitar with Integrity pickups in it that I can have a listen to at the next get together. Or does anyone have any thoughts.
Yes there is a specific neck / middle pickup. The middle pickup will be RWRP (reverse wound reverse polarity) so that you achieve hum cancelling in the inbetween positions. You might need to check the polarity with a compass or ask Glyn.

I have tried the integrity set - I found them to be great. They are in that sweet spot where they aren't overpowering but still do everything you want. I did a YouTube video on them you may have seen. If not, here's the link.

https://youtu.be/scHetdhRikE

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

John you need to get that sorted for an early new year Gearfest!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Bg wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:26 pm didn't nik do a vid on the Integritys?
I think I’ve seen that one, that’s what might have got me more than a tiny bit interested.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

I'm thinking about a Cloud 9 bridge to replace the 36th Anni PAF in my Les Paul. I reckon I want to go with a double white to go with the nickel covered neck, thoughts? Or should I stick with both being nickel?
Attachments
IMG_20211118_201648.jpg
IMG_20211118_201648.jpg (4.07 MiB) Viewed 3120 times
Loving it so far

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Both nickel. For my OCD's sake.