Strat restlessness

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Strat restlessness

Post by Bg »

can't beat the old trinitron, one of the best :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Bg wrote:can't beat the old trinitron, one of the best :)
When they first came out, thanks to the price, ownership seemed to be confined to drug dealers :)
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

And final update... after a loan of a couple of Kdawg's strats and some research, I sprung for some Fender Pure Vintage 65's. ♥♥♥

Really happy with them, every position is totally usable and they were very reasonably priced. I have them set quite low and get really nice sustain. Stoked! Wee soundcloud demo below using my new iso-drobe. Tried to not be annoying to listen to, apologies in advance :lol:

Recording details:
Each line is repeated in all 5 positions starting with the Neck and ending on Bridge. Overdrive used briefly about 2:00 through is a Madbean Sparkplug. Recorded using my 18w TMB Plexi-Voiced Amp built from a Trinity Amps Kit. Speaker is a Scumback H75. Close miked with a AT2035 condenser into a crappy audio interface. (Tascam US-144 - REALLY soddy A/D and preamps). No Post EQ or compression, a tiny touch of reverb on the pedalboard using a Blue Sky. This is raw off the mic. Cheers :)

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

I get a beautiful clean through my Marshall clone with gain quite high because my neck pickup is quite low output. It reads 3.5 D.C

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

griff7628 wrote:I get a beautiful clean through my Marshall clone with gain quite high because my neck pickup is quite low output. It reads 3.5 D.C
This puzzles me a bit. The DiMarzio mini humbuckers in my new guitar read similarly low but they drive the amp more than the 5.8 reading single coils in my Strat.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Yeah I dont know why. It's just a cheap Squier single coil in mine

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Magnet type and wire gauge used play a big part in that, said ash to me years ago.
The alnico 2s in the goldtop measure much the same as the alnico 5s in the dot - the goldtop is far more raucous; leads me to believe alnico 2 shouldn’t be wound that hot lol.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.