Bareknuckle Yardbird pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Bareknuckle Yardbird pickups

Post by druz15 »

Got a set of these to chuck in my Japanese '62 Reissue. Did a wee comparison clip.
Believe the old ones were texas special?
Anyways bit of clean stuff, bit of dirty. Slightly panned left is old pickups, slightly panned right (and 2nd time for each riff) is new ones

http://soundcloud.com/drewhandcock/tele ... ison-clips
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Bareknuckle Yardbird pickups

Post by Molly »

Not a lot in it TBH. Not listening on my laptop anyway. What do you think?

I've liked all the BK pickups I've used. Had a set of Irish Tours on a Strat that were great and a Mule / Riff Raff combo on a Les Paul that I liked a lot too. Never tried their Tele sets though.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

Molly wrote:Not a lot in it TBH. Not listening on my laptop anyway. What do you think?

I've liked all the BK pickups I've used. Had a set of Irish Tours on a Strat that were great and a Mule / Riff Raff combo on a Les Paul that I liked a lot too. Never tried their Tele sets though.
yeah not a huge noticeable sound difference on my laptop, tis a shame cos in person they sound pretty sweet.
The high gain stuff I can definitely hear a little more clarity and a bit less compression, and the bridge clean settings are definitely a lot smoother on the BKP. The stocks definitely have a bit more of the old ice pick biting highs going on.

Definitely needed a bit more volume on the amps for tracking and perhaps set them a little differently, pretty much just had the knobs on noon which tbh isn't necessarily the best sound, should have dialled it in on the originial pickups and then left it there for the swap.

Cranked it up yesterday with some pedals and they are definitely doing it for me. Crunchier rock sounds just sounded thin and weak with the old pickups whereas theres a bit more meat and definition with these pickups.

Amps are Supro Black Magick for cleans, Plexi Lead 50 for gain
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

The BK's sound a little more scooped? As Molly says, hard to tell when you're not in front of them.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Interesting for me though as I'm considering a pickup upgrade on that AllParts Tele. The Fender vintage somethin' or other in the bridge is a bit ice pick. Neck sounds quite nice but there's nicer to be had :-)