Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Synth Chat

Post by Bg »

oh maybe not 12, more like 8.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

I used to have a couple of DX7s, but now I rely on Dexed and the Volca FM if I need that vibe. Solid Bass is certainly a well worn patch, lol.
I love my PolySix and SH101 for simple arp'd bass lines. Limited boxes, but such distinctiveness.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Yeah I was using FM8 but then found Dexed... Solid Bass was the patch of my youth, well worn but so reliable :)

I even had the Yamaha CX5M music computer at one point... Mr Digital, thats me :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

very enjoyable way to spend 10 mins.... now that is a synth collection!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Free modular synth plugin! https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Another freebie!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I've organised to borrow a Nord Lead 2X, looking forward to having a play with that and it's many-knob interface. Will look very smart on a double stand with my Nord Electro!

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:28 am I've organised to borrow a Nord Lead 2X, looking forward to having a play with that and it's many-knob interface. Will look very smart on a double stand with my Nord Electro!
Hnnngggg. I'm sat at my Nord now, loving the synth section. Looping some guitar in D# tuning and noodling some synth leads over the top. So dreamy 🤤

This is a good buy: Juno 106 https://www.trademe.co.nz/3681204887

If I could get the voice chips upgraded at a reasonable price, I'd be all over it.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

JoeBlow wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:12 pm This is a good buy: Juno 106 https://www.trademe.co.nz/3681204887

If I could get the voice chips upgraded at a reasonable price, I'd be all over it.
Unfortunately the best tech ( and one with the correct parts ) for old Roland kit is in the states. A mate sent his Juno over and it came back sounding splendid. Bit of an angst ridden wait though what with shipping an all.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

I can't deal with current 106 prices, while they sound good ( I prefer the 60) , the price has gone far beyond the actual utility of the synth itself.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I ordered some new cables today. I often find that keyboard rigs are a mess - I think mine has 6x guitar cables connecting things, plus sustain pedals, and an expression on the ways, so I got some short dual TS cables. One for organ to DI, one for synth to DI, and one for the sustain pedals. Should be a lot tidier without puddles of extra cable everywhere.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Hmmmmm I want to jump on this bandwagon as I love synth music and have ideas.
JB I need guidance
I've a w10 pc and that's it
What do I need ?
:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Olderama wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:18 pm Hmmmmm I want to jump on this bandwagon as I love synth music and have ideas.
JB I need guidance
I've a w10 pc and that's it
What do I need ?
Get yourself a midi controller keyboard and some soft synths you can load up in your DAW of choice, theres some free ones mentioned in this thread or if you're handy with bittorrent downloading I can point you at a ton of stuff :mental:

I have the previous version of this: https://www.rockshop.co.nz/akai-mpk-min ... imk3-mkiii they're great units if you don't have a lot of space to create, if I had the room I'd absolutely get a bigger one though...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

This is rather cool, a DSP56300 emulator, if you source the roms you can emulate things like the Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf Microwave etc... https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/downloads/