Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 110
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:25 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 14 times

Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by johnstratiwant »

Hi everyone,

I am interested in buying Boss GT1000 core, going to mainly use it for fx instead of amp simulation.

Stumbled on either GT1000 core, Hx stomp and GX100

Any users here want to chip in their thoughts

cheers!

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 41997
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 7958 times
Been liked: 4273 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by jeremyb »

Quite a few HX users on here, I'm sure they'll chime in soon :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

User avatar
MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:34 am
Location: Location Location
Been liked: 371 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by MiniForklift »

FWIW I would recommend also having a look at the Headrush Gigboard. I’m the same as you, I simply use it for effects and it’s fantastic
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:25 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by johnstratiwant »

MiniForklift wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:46 pm FWIW I would recommend also having a look at the Headrush Gigboard. I’m the same as you, I simply use it for effects and it’s fantastic
I will have a look into that. thanks!

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:25 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by johnstratiwant »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm Quite a few HX users on here, I'm sure they'll chime in soon :)
Seems like Hx are very popular, but heard GT1000 have better sounds? :zomg:

User avatar
chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:05 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by chur »

johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm Quite a few HX users on here, I'm sure they'll chime in soon :)
Seems like Hx are very popular, but heard GT1000 have better sounds? :zomg:
Maybe consider, or have a look at ease of use also. Not looked much at the GT1000 but some of those others quoted have quite nice setup UI's etc. While I like my Boss IR-200 which is a newer Boss product, the manual is a bit crap (I think its translated to English, feels like it anyway), and the setup is weird in a few areas.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:25 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by johnstratiwant »

chur wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:48 pm
johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm Quite a few HX users on here, I'm sure they'll chime in soon :)
Seems like Hx are very popular, but heard GT1000 have better sounds? :zomg:
Maybe consider, or have a look at ease of use also. Not looked much at the GT1000 but some of those others quoted have quite nice setup UI's etc. While I like my Boss IR-200 which is a newer Boss product, the manual is a bit crap (I think its translated to English, feels like it anyway), and the setup is weird in a few areas.
What do you think of the am simulation if you had to compare to an amp. Have a Fender blues junior, was wondering how good recent amp simulations are these days

User avatar
chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:05 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by chur »

johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:18 pm
chur wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:48 pm
johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm

Seems like Hx are very popular, but heard GT1000 have better sounds? :zomg:
Maybe consider, or have a look at ease of use also. Not looked much at the GT1000 but some of those others quoted have quite nice setup UI's etc. While I like my Boss IR-200 which is a newer Boss product, the manual is a bit crap (I think its translated to English, feels like it anyway), and the setup is weird in a few areas.
What do you think of the am simulation if you had to compare to an amp. Have a Fender blues junior, was wondering how good recent amp simulations are these days
Better than ever imo over a wide range of platforms, from floor boards to plugins for your daw etc. That said, for the most part the IR used for the cabinet simulation makes the biggest difference, and that in itself is a rabbit hole.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

johnstratiwant
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:25 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by johnstratiwant »

chur wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:07 am
johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:18 pm
chur wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:48 pm

Maybe consider, or have a look at ease of use also. Not looked much at the GT1000 but some of those others quoted have quite nice setup UI's etc. While I like my Boss IR-200 which is a newer Boss product, the manual is a bit crap (I think its translated to English, feels like it anyway), and the setup is weird in a few areas.
What do you think of the am simulation if you had to compare to an amp. Have a Fender blues junior, was wondering how good recent amp simulations are these days
Better than ever imo over a wide range of platforms, from floor boards to plugins for your daw etc. That said, for the most part the IR used for the cabinet simulation makes the biggest difference, and that in itself is a rabbit hole.
The last time I used amp simulation was ages ago, called Amplitube and that was more than a decade ago. I am pretty keen to try out how have they improved since then, probably a lot :D

User avatar
griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 pm
Has liked: 504 times
Been liked: 249 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by griff »

johnstratiwant wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:36 am
chur wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:07 am
johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:18 pm

What do you think of the am simulation if you had to compare to an amp. Have a Fender blues junior, was wondering how good recent amp simulations are these days
Better than ever imo over a wide range of platforms, from floor boards to plugins for your daw etc. That said, for the most part the IR used for the cabinet simulation makes the biggest difference, and that in itself is a rabbit hole.
The last time I used amp simulation was ages ago, called Amplitube and that was more than a decade ago. I am pretty keen to try out how have they improved since then, probably a lot :D
Very much so. Especially with recorded tones, you'll be hard pressed to find a difference in a mix.
Personally, I still find playing with a band live or at practice with a Marshall half stack hard to beat :)

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8910
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 1130 times
Been liked: 1456 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by robthemac »

johnstratiwant wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:36 am
chur wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:07 am
johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:18 pm

What do you think of the am simulation if you had to compare to an amp. Have a Fender blues junior, was wondering how good recent amp simulations are these days
Better than ever imo over a wide range of platforms, from floor boards to plugins for your daw etc. That said, for the most part the IR used for the cabinet simulation makes the biggest difference, and that in itself is a rabbit hole.
The last time I used amp simulation was ages ago, called Amplitube and that was more than a decade ago. I am pretty keen to try out how have they improved since then, probably a lot :D
If you change your mind about wanting an amp modeller....
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Posts: 10057
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:26 pm
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by slash-ed »

johnstratiwant wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm Quite a few HX users on here, I'm sure they'll chime in soon :)
Seems like Hx are very popular, but heard GT1000 have better sounds? :zomg:
One of our dealers did a comparison of the features between the two (GT-1000CORE and HX Stomp) when the CORE first came out, could be helpful for you:



The full sized Helix Floor has one of the best user interfaces in the industry imo, but when going to the smaller format, the HX Stomp screen is smaller and the UI adapted to that by necessity. One quantitative thing that I will say about the GT-1000CORE (the rest being a bit more subjective about tone, interface etc) is that it retains the exact same size screen as the full GT-1000 which does make navigating and viewing a bit easier.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 43475
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 2281 times
Been liked: 4015 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by Bg »

Helix LT for sale here.... just saying ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8910
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 1130 times
Been liked: 1456 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by robthemac »

Bg wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:37 am Helix LT for sale here.... just saying ;)
I think he'd be better of with an Iridium.

:wave:
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:34 am
Location: AKL
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 536 times

Re: Boss GT1000 core users thoughts??

Post by HackSaw »

robthemac wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:04 pm
Bg wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:37 am Helix LT for sale here.... just saying ;)
I think he'd be better off with a Mesa Boogie 2x12 combo.

:wave:
Yeap, agreed.

Post Reply