Voltron
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Pedalboards: your way

Post by Voltron »

Cdog wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:44 pm Pedalboard looks great... bonus points for AC free operation! Is that Orange pedal an amplifier?
Yep - orange terror stamp, loud as hell for 20w, even has an actual tube in it. Got it plugged into 2 greenbacks.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Voltron wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:30 pm
Cdog wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:44 pm Pedalboard looks great... bonus points for AC free operation! Is that Orange pedal an amplifier?
Yep - orange terror stamp, loud as hell for 20w, even has an actual tube in it. Got it plugged into 2 greenbacks.
Can it do loud & clean?

Voltron
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Voltron »

JHorner wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:18 pm
Voltron wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:30 pm
Can it do loud & clean?
Ahhhhhh not really. Louder than you would expect for the size and wattage but not a huge amount of headroom

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Bg wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:56 am Image

bish, bash, bosh. neat and does everything I need. sorted.
Never thought I'd say this but I am starting to consider this path myself. My tapdancing skills just aren't what they used to be and I'm easily confused when I glance at my pedalboard on stage :crazy:

I like the idea of a one-click=multiple effects setup, in terms of efficiency and simplicity - but you'd still get all of the complexity needed in terms of layering and geeking out at home setting up setlist/song patches.

There would still be a few non-multi FX that I am pretty sure cannot be replicated, like the Strymon BlueSky shimmer that I have not found an equal for - so I'd have to take that into consideration.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 am There would still be a few non-multi FX that I am pretty sure cannot be replicated, like the Strymon BlueSky shimmer that I have not found an equal for - so I'd have to take that into consideration.
You'd be surprised. Before I sold my old EHX Deluxe Memory Man I spent quite a bit of time trying to replicate it on my HR Gigboard, ended up being that I couldn't tell the difference between the two. The tweakability and parameters of the effects on units like this is just so good, if you're patient enough you can get damn close
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 am
Bg wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:56 am Image

bish, bash, bosh. neat and does everything I need. sorted.
Never thought I'd say this but I am starting to consider this path myself. My tapdancing skills just aren't what they used to be and I'm easily confused when I glance at my pedalboard on stage :crazy:

I like the idea of a one-click=multiple effects setup, in terms of efficiency and simplicity - but you'd still get all of the complexity needed in terms of layering and geeking out at home setting up setlist/song patches.

There would still be a few non-multi FX that I am pretty sure cannot be replicated, like the Strymon BlueSky shimmer that I have not found an equal for - so I'd have to take that into consideration.
And for sale…. Too much for me, be different if I was gigging and needed lots of different tones
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

I played differently on multifx.

They are great, and much better than they used to be. Drawbacks I found were option paralysis, and not trusting my ears as much when playing live... Coz it sounded good when I originally agonised over crafting the tone, but it was also easy to get it sounding bad too... Which made me more hesitant tweaking things live. I assume they're less 'easy to butcher tone with' with these days?

Using separate pedals and real tube amps currently. Just sounds awesome, dont need to think about it much at all. I do twiddle knobs on overdrive pedal when changing guitar, and change delay mix depending on song at gig... Otherwise its set and forget, less options bit still fun. Oh yeah, I change pickups lots and use the guitar volume lots too... In saying that we cover a lot of classics and pop. Not intensive soundscapes 😆

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by hercules »

I've just been playing around with Pedal Playground to help me with mine - it's really useful (though it does make GAS worse cos you can build anything you want...)

https://www.pedalplayground.com/

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Multifx are so sweet for gigging - Im no fan of tapdancing. Reliable as too.

But dialling in real pedals and amps is way more fun and creative for jamming. Menus suck.

I think the answer is to just buy both... Right guys?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Oh dear, does 3 pedals require a board? Needs a daisy chain at the very least :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

Zaulkin wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:16 pm Multifx are so sweet for gigging - Im no fan of tapdancing. Reliable as too.

But dialling in real pedals and amps is way more fun and creative for jamming. Menus suck.

Hybrid approach suits me. Analogue drive and fuzz with a digital multi fx unit. Don't mind the odd dive. :wink:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:08 pm Oh dear, does 3 pedals require a board? Needs a daisy chain at the very least :)
Buy one big enough to fit at least 10 more, future proof!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:18 pm
Bg wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:08 pm Oh dear, does 3 pedals require a board? Needs a daisy chain at the very least :)
Buy one big enough to fit at least 10 more, future proof!
I’m good, I have a fuck tonne of plywood scraps….

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

IMOCD wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:31 pm
Zaulkin wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:16 pm Multifx are so sweet for gigging - Im no fan of tapdancing. Reliable as too.

Hybrid approach suits me. Analogue drive and fuzz with a digital multi fx unit. Don't mind the odd dive. :wink:
That's how I do it as well. Works good, and most of the time I just want my usual tones.

The performance screens on the FM3 are super handy for tweaking. Everything requires setting up though.

The head I have is just a single channel one and when I don't use the FM3, I can play that thing for hours. Love it.