clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Re: Talent Boxes

Post by clubhouse »

Reg18 wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 9:36 am The Lightspeed is close ish to the Timmy but it does sound different in its own right too, my current favourite Timmy type circuit is the Blues Power by King Tone, a really nice version. Apparently the Jan Ray is also a good Timmy clone but 3 times the price!
Ok, man...thanks for clarifying that :thumbup: I find it difficult to keep up with the plethora of drive offerings and iterations out there in web-space, let alone trying to keep an ordered filing cabinet in my head of the ballpark family groups they belong in, either by sonic characteristics or circuit DNA. I can't afford to buy, taste and flip either (time and money) so in trying to refine a line of variables complicated by the array of possibilities on offer, I'm trying to thin my focus down by flavour and circuit...you dig :?:

On that note, why say you about the Blues Power? Never even heard/heard (of) it...damn, this site rocks...everyday's a school day...you guys, man, you rock!

One of my current quests is that 60s, mid-scooped amp sound with a single-note chewy type break-up, responsive to playing dynamics (digging in/gat vol.) that doesn't get flubbery and mushy in the bass from open D string down, especially for chords. I'm getting close with underdriving a Timmy with a clean boost or underdriving an ODR-1 with the same...the chewy is there but the flub is hard to dial out...eq maybe an answer, or maybe I need a Tele or a G6120 or a (much, much cheaper alternative)...I was thinking a range of at-hand boxes typical of the flavour/family spectrum in the light overdrive to mildly wild range...kind of like a sample library.

Yeah, that Vemuran stuff seems to be hand rolled on the thighs of Amazonian virgins material...but whilst on that line, theoretically thinking, any love for the Shanks ODS-1 as an interpretation of the Nobels ODR-1?

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Wow. I think you have most bases covered with that pile
β€œπ‘πžπšπ₯𝐒𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 π₯𝐒𝐞𝐬 π›πžπ­π°πžπžπ§ 𝐝𝐒𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 πžπ±π©πžπœπ­πšπ­π’π¨π§β€

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

MiniForklift wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 11:27 am Wow. I think you have most bases covered with that pile
I think we're living in a golden age of digi/midi/analogue gear. Let's you really tinker under the bonnet to chase down sounds. For the life of me, I've never found the 13th note in years of trying so I'm about flavouring the 12 (and micro-tones) available...textural condiment devices.

I would've loved to hear your Echorec in full flight...I have an old Morley oil-drum somewhere but different to an Echorec :thumbup:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

clubhouse wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 1:20 pm
MiniForklift wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 11:27 am Wow. I think you have most bases covered with that pile
I think we're living in a golden age of digi/midi/analogue gear. Let's you really tinker under the bonnet to chase down sounds. For the life of me, I've never found the 13th note in years of trying so I'm about flavouring the 12 (and micro-tones) available...textural condiment devices.

I would've loved to hear your Echorec in full flight...I have an old Morley oil-drum somewhere but different to an Echorec :thumbup:
Haaaaaave you met my friend Volante?
Jops wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

robthemac wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 3:47 pm

You, squire...are a sexy, sexy man...pimp daddy 8)

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
Has liked: 510 times
Been liked: 407 times

Post by FuzzMonkey »

The Etcher's Paradise is always a nice place to visit! Looks great and no doubt sounds even better.
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

clubhouse wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 4:57 pm

It's the only pedal where I've thought "there is literally nothing that I would want to change in this sound".
Jops wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

robthemac wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 5:44 pm
clubhouse wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 4:57 pm

l

It's the only pedal where I've thought "there is literally nothing that I would want to change in this sound".
Me dibs ? :winky:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

clubhouse wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 7:38 pm
robthemac wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 5:44 pm
clubhouse wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 4:57 pm l

Me dibs ? :winky:

Sold it once. Immediately regretted it. Not making the same mistake twice.