Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

I Did a Thing Pt.2. NGD.

Post by Slowy »

Lawrence's #17 arrived today :D.

I unpacked it, sat down for an introductory noodle and my beer got warm.
I do understand and respect those of you enslaved by the name on the headstock but man, do you miss out!

I love basic guitars; Teles, Esquires, Les Paul Juniors ..... you get the picture. Any guitar that knows it's a power tool is likely to be a friend of mine.
It was an impulsive purchase but I'm really pleased with it.

The pickup is still a question. I like to live on the clean edge of breakup, but a nice fat clean. This Lace seems to be either HiFi clean or roaring but most of all, it sounds like a clear signal for a large pedalboard or rack processor. I'm thinking P90 but I mustn't turn it into another version of what I have already. So I'm going to live with this Lace Alumitone for a while and see what it can teach me.

It's tiny, it's featherweight, it rings like an unanswered phone. It's comfortable, easy to play and a pleasure to play as well.

I'm right chuffed.
Thanks Lawrence, this little fella and I are going to enjoy ourselves.

Getting to know its Korina brother from a different mother.
IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_4904.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 1997 times
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Re: I Did a Thing Pt.2. NGD.

Post by hamo »

Nice!
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

That’s awesome, congrats and enjoy
β€œπ‘πžπšπ₯𝐒𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 π₯𝐒𝐞𝐬 π›πžπ­π°πžπžπ§ 𝐝𝐒𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 πžπ±π©πžπœπ­πšπ­π’π¨π§β€

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Excellent buy Bruce!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

MiniForklift wrote: ↑Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:34 pm That’s awesome, congrats and enjoy
Got yours yet?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: ↑Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:37 pm Excellent buy Bruce!
I do believe you are right Jeremy. :D

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Looks sweet πŸ˜ƒ
:mental:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

I've always been in awe of Lawrence's creations, and too nervous to play them at gearfests.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote: ↑Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:56 pm I've always been in awe of Lawrence's creations, and too nervous to play them at gearfests.
Me too. It's why I bought one. :D

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Slowy wrote: ↑Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:44 pm Got yours yet?
This weekend all being well :-)
β€œπ‘πžπšπ₯𝐒𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 π₯𝐒𝐞𝐬 π›πžπ­π°πžπžπ§ 𝐝𝐒𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 πžπ±π©πžπœπ­πšπ­π’π¨π§β€

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

Nice! That one did pique my interest.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

That's very interesting and cool. 8)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Played the wee beastie at band practice on Thursday; interesting experience.

The Lace pup sounds exceptional with modulation which I ...er... never use.
As per Lawrence's intention, it has less highs than I'm used to which completely changed my place in the mix. Although there was plenty of volume, I couldn't hear myself in the sense my sound wasn't where I expected it to be. ( Does that make sense to anyone but me?) There are two and sometimes three guitars going so sonic space is really relevant for us.
It produces better distortion than any of my other guitars but once again, it's down in the mix. It made me think of Daryl Stuermer playing with Phil Collins.

Boosting it for a solo usually resulted in way more than I needed so I still need some driving practice. I get the impression of a pickup that switches from clean to distortion or quiet to loud rather than changing progressively.
At this point, I can see Lawrence shaking his head and saying WTF Slowy? :roll:

Sustain is amazing. Even at lowish volumes a chord will hang on for ages before morphing into feedback. Very cool.

As promised, there's some neck dive but not badly. The point of contact between right forearm and the guitar is amazing. Usually I feel some pressure over time from the binding edge but this one caresses my arm. It's the most comfortable guitar I've ever rested my arm on.

For me, the neck is minimum size. My fretting hand was starting to ache after 3 hours but 70% of the necks out there do that to me anyway. Most folks won't see an issue at all.

I wanted something to challenge my habits and this is definitely doing the job. Just off for a session with Band #2 which is more a recording than gigging outfit. Keen to hear how it fits in there.

Oh and the real surprise, I jammed with an acoustic guitar/singer last week. I plugged into a Wampler Pinnacle of all things, turned the guitar down and fingerpicked. It sounded great. Who would have thought....... :crazy: