Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Monarch Pedals Exeter

Post by Zaulkin »

Hey folks,

Along with the haul of Monarch pedals I borrowed from Tez recently is the Exeter. This one's a modern british beast that covers a bunch of ground. It's got a nice, simple layout with a handy switch that lets you choose between less mids or more beef (and a touch of boost).

Another cool one that could easily find a spot on my board.

Demo below:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Monarch Pedals Exeter

Post by Molly »

I passed my HGV Class 1 in Exeter.

Just sayin'. :-)

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Molly wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:16 am I passed my HGV Class 1 in Exeter.

This was named after the HMS Exeter, the ship on which my grandfather served during WW2.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

NippleWrestler wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:28 am
Molly wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:16 am I passed my HGV Class 1 in Exeter.

This was named after the HMS Exeter, the ship on which my grandfather served during WW2.
Ah. So nothing to do with my HGV licence then?

Disappointed...

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

Another cool video Nik. It's great how you review things a little bit before diving in and actually say how you'd use it.

I forgot to tell you but the tone knob - if you turn it to 'zero' (all the way left) it's effectively bypassing the stack, so you probably noticed all the way left you've got full bass and treble, then treble cut, then bass cut as you go around. Seems important to mention right?

And your tone was darker this time around. Change of mic position?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Finally someone who uses a looper and twiddles the knobs rather than just shows it in a few positions!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am Another cool video Nik. It's great how you review things a little bit before diving in and actually say how you'd use it.

I forgot to tell you but the tone knob - if you turn it to 'zero' (all the way left) it's effectively bypassing the stack, so you probably noticed all the way left you've got full bass and treble, then treble cut, then bass cut as you go around. Seems important to mention right?

Good to know. I did notice that the tone knob was different, but I didn't know exactly how so I figured viewers could listen to the difference. In future I might need to add some captions or something to the vids.

Hmmm, mic is still in the same spot. I may have dialled the tone back a smidge on my amp because I felt like I was getting a tonne of treble while I was recording. Only a smidge though, as my amp only has one tone knob.

I'll probably be changing my recording method soon to try achieve a more consistent sound. Can't wait to not have to set up everything all the time.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

Zaulkin wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:36 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am Another cool video Nik. It's great how you review things a little bit before diving in and actually say how you'd use it.

Good to know. I did notice that the tone knob was different, but I didn't know exactly how so I figured viewers could listen to the difference. In future I might need to add some captions or something to the vids.

Hmmm, mic is still in the same spot. I may have dialled the tone back a smidge on my amp because I felt like I was getting a tonne of treble while I was recording. Only a smidge though, as my amp only has one tone knob.

I'll probably be changing my recording method soon to try achieve a more consistent sound. Can't wait to not have to set up everything all the time.
Nah it's my bad man, I should have told you rather than people working it out. No doubt someone in the comments will mention something.

It definitely sounded darker (on my speakers). If you've a spectral analyser somewhere you'd probably see a buildup in the lower mids around 200-500hz I guess. There's one in the fabfilter eq which I find handy.

Having a permanent setup is living the dream. I find one recording session it's perfect then next time around it sounds like crap. But that's probably my playing.