Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: Fractal FM9!!

Post by Zaulkin »

I'm glad with this model they put the main out knobs in the same place as the AX8. Why they didn't do that with the fm3 I don't know.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

FM9 is about 50% the power of the Axe 3 but twice as powerful as the FM3 which means dual amps and more complex signal chains over the FM3. I'm like Nik, Just basic amp tones and a couple of effects at the most, I have no desire to change. Good move by Fractal with the FM9.. they actually listen to their customers.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Yeah all fair points. Now that I've calmed down a bit I still feel from a gigging pov the AX8 has plenty of power for what I need and isn't going to be a $3k unit sitting on the floor in front of drunk patrons. Still super happy with the sound too.

I do run out of cpu pretty easily when I'm trying to experiment with more complex presets, which is only an issue when I'm mucking around at home. If I were a richer man I'd like to have the Axe 3 sitting on my desk to play with at home. It would actually take care of both guitars and bass duties for my band too which will be cool.

One day I'll pick one up secondhand; I don't want to sell everything up and go all in and then still need to buy a floor controller.
Loving it so far

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

These things make me wish they had a full power Helix with scribble strips, but no expression pedal

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1017 times
Been liked: 2478 times

Post by Slowy »

Basket Case wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:23 am Just watched this… https://youtu.be/U0s2Ee41S6Q

Looks and sounds pretty impressive!
Awesome! I managed 6.56 before my head exploded. :eh:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1313 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

Slowy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Basket Case wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:23 am Just watched this… https://youtu.be/U0s2Ee41S6Q

Looks and sounds pretty impressive!
Awesome! I managed 6.56 before my head exploded. :eh:
Yeah but it could use a few more options :?
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe