Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

quyet
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Harmonic tremolo

Post by quyet »

Does anyone have much experience with this sound? I found the locally made Big noise Golden syrup pedal that looks like good value

Other pedals like earthquaker seem to be a bit too phasey, but I guess you could dial that out. What other options do we have in NZ?

"Just buy a flint" - One day.. but right now I have reverb covered

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Harmonic tremolo

Post by GrantB »

I have the Supro Harmonic Trem and it's very excellent. It does drive the signal a bit though, so there's some added grind and bottom end. I like it because of that.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Flint is excellent. That Golden Syrup has a Fender opto "pulse" thing going on which isn't like the Harmonic trems on their amps. The Supro pedal I tried is also really nice, but as Grant says it mimics the amp so adds its own thing too. I also liked the Source Audio Vertigo, but the Flint is my favourite.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Also the monument by walrus
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

MXR is great, check out some reviews!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.