Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Guitar Tool Kit

Post by Molly »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:22 pm
Molly wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:15 pm Here's mine.

tools.jpg
You may be over-thinking a little bit there Molly. :D

On second thoughts...the thing that used to break most when I played in a heavily-gigging band was the bus. You have that covered :-)

(The next most unreliable thing was the drummer, followed by the 1960's AC30 amp)
For us it was overheating PA amps. We'd start with a full system and end the gig with just a horn on one side and a bass bin on the other. By then the crowd were so drunk it really didn't matter: "Play 'Simply the Best! or some Meatloaf!!" Bloody working-class scum... LOL

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

tools.jpg

On second thoughts...the thing that used to break most when I played in a heavily-gigging band was the bus. You have that covered :-)

(The next most unreliable thing was the drummer, followed by the 1960's AC30 amp)
Nah, it's just Molly plays his gigs in his garage, where his tools are. :wink:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

hamo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm

tools.jpg

Nah, it's just Molly plays his gigs in his garage, where his tools are. :wink:
Indeed. I've quietly painted one wall with a wall of Marshalls and the opposite wall with a stadium crowd. It's like a scene from Taxi Driver. Only with guitars.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 836 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

You're gigging to a paying crowd so surely you'll just grab your spare guitar and get on with it. If the punters are waiting for you to find the right tool in your toolbox and fix your guitar before playing the next song, then your the wrong type of prepared.

My band has a spare guitarist (a.k.a. 2 guitarists), so have carried on playing while one of us changes strings at the side of the stage a couple of times. The one of us has never been me though, because a I have a spare guitar, on stage, all tuned up ready to go before the gig started.

I have been sidelined by an amp problem once, so now I have one of those Joyo british pedals to go direct to the PA. Hopefully it never gets used.

Since Im an IT geek and I talk about High Availability, Site Resiliency, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity all day long, I'll say we've got high availability of guitarists in an active-active configuration with a warm spare on standby in the event of a gear failure. Fail over to a DR site is out of scope for the scale of our deployments, but can be assessed on a case by case basis.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Don't forget spare black ferrules. JB has some if you need them for your kit.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

jimi wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:36 pm You're gigging to a paying crowd so surely you'll just grab your spare guitar and get on with it. If the punters are waiting for you to find the right tool in your toolbox and fix your guitar before playing the next song, then your the wrong type of prepared.
This, but I'm sure Ben knows that. I see it more for things that aren't working right at soundcheck.

So far for me, those toolkits have had more use at rehearsals, setting up stages/banners etc or helping other bands when their stuff breaks haha.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I think being prepared is the best insurance for never needing to use any of the spares, I think I once gave a guy in another band a spare 9V battery I had but apart from that I carried a ton of spare cables (patch, guitar, power etc), strings, tools, spare guitar etc and never needed any of it :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.