Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Old Strat and Amp. Interested?

Post by Slowy »

2014-12-07 16.50.09.jpg
2014-12-07 16.50.09.jpg (3.46 MiB) Viewed 2425 times
IMGP3207.JPG
IMGP3207.JPG (2.34 MiB) Viewed 2425 times
Couple of unusual items may be soon released into the wild. This is a heads up in case anyone is interested. Photos are just what I had on file.

Firstly: THE SG IS NOT FOR SALE! DON'T EVEN BOTHER ASKING, OK?

Right, now we have that out of the way.....

The Strat is a beast. '74 or '76 I think; don't hold me to it. It's been a professional road warrior for longer than some of you have been alive, so if you have Conway's tastes in guitar finish, walk away now. Plays great, sounds huge, relic'd the proper way.

Then there's the Harmony H307x. Can only find a back shot but that's where the interesting stuff lives. If I hadn't been suffering from 8 months of no income, this would be mine.
So rare that Google can't get a handle on it. Here's what I've figured out over the years:

Built in the 1960's. There's a 306 model which is more common which has 2 6V6s. This one has 2 EL84s. The X designation means Export so the transformer is 240v straight from the factory. It also has the best sounding tremolo I have ever heard. Seriously, this thing's got so much character.

There is an incoming holy grail amp and the usual wifely reactions so needs must.

Don't ask me about prices, I don't know. If this looks like something you'd like to explore further, I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Oh, and as a finder's fee, if you'd let me borrow the Harmony from time to time, that'd be great.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Old Strat and Amp. Interested?

Post by Bg »

Is the SG for sale?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Last edited by sizzlingbadger on Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 pmIs the SG for sale?
For you, anything is possible....
....but not probable.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 pm Little bit of info... https://oldamps.weebly.com/harmony-h307x.html
Legend! :thumbup:
I notice he likes the trem/vibrato too.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:32 pm
Bg wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 pmIs the SG for sale?
For you, anything is possible....
....but not probable.
oh god, I don't want it... was just pushing the boundaries :P

Only just got proper use of my shoulder again, last thing I need is another guitar I avoid playing!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:25 pm 2014-12-07 16.50.09.jpgIMGP3207.JPG

Couple of unusual items may be soon released into the wild. This is a heads up in case anyone is interested. Photos are just what I had on file.

Firstly: THE SG IS NOT FOR SALE! DON'T EVEN BOTHER ASKING, OK?

Right, now we have that out of the way.....

The Strat is a beast. '74 or '76 I think; don't hold me to it. It's been a professional road warrior for longer than some of you have been alive, so if you have Conway's tastes in guitar finish, walk away now. Plays great, sounds huge, relic'd the proper way.

Then there's the Harmony H307x. Can only find a back shot but that's where the interesting stuff lives. If I hadn't been suffering from 8 months of no income, this would be mine.
So rare that Google can't get a handle on it. Here's what I've figured out over the years:

Built in the 1960's. There's a 306 model which is more common which has 2 6V6s. This one has 2 EL84s. The X designation means Export so the transformer is 240v straight from the factory. It also has the best sounding tremolo I have ever heard. Seriously, this thing's got so much character.

There is an incoming holy grail amp and the usual wifely reactions so needs must.

Don't ask me about prices, I don't know. If this looks like something you'd like to explore further, I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Oh, and as a finder's fee, if you'd let me borrow the Harmony from time to time, that'd be great.
I feel like that Strat and I are on a collision course...

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 377 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Molly wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:23 pm
I feel like that Strat and I are on a collision course...
I hope you're not on your Harley :lol:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

PM sent Slowy

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Is the SG for sale?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:30 pm Is the SG for sale?
dollar reserve.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Grant has rejected it so it's obviously worth nothing.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:32 pm
dollar reserve.
Attachments
HgZPuEk.jpeg
HgZPuEk.jpeg (32.75 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Is that his JMayer face?
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

WellyBlues wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:59 pm Is that his JMayer face?
You can't out Mayerface the original! On a serious note, have you not seen robocop?