Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Re: BOSS Waza-Air headphones

Post by slash-ed »

jimi wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:11 pm Another Waza air question - or this might be more of a Katana question.

The Lead tone patch must have a few effects in there. A little bit of delay? some reverb? some compression? Without the obvious answer of Get a Katana, where do I get a rough breakdown of what I need to add to get a similar tone out of my pedal board?

Have had a great week using it, most nights I've ripped through a practice set (~15 songs) so I'll be gigging tomorrow night with the best practice leadup I've ever managed. Bit worried that the effects on patches are making me sound better than I am though, not sure how that will translate to my live sound on the night.
If you're using the stock patches, none of them have any effects on them. The only thing they have is the different types of room ambience. We avoided putting any extra effects on top of that (despite the thing being crammed full of effects inside) so that you would get the pure Waza Air experience to start off with.

So what you're hearing is literally just the Katana lead sound (aka an interpretation of the classic high gain hotrodded Marshall tone).

Maybe you're just sounding better than you thought because you've been able to do so much practice!
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 843 times
Been liked: 359 times

Re: BOSS Waza-Air headphones

Post by jimi »

Cheers Ed,

Cracked open the tone studio and found it had some clean boost and a bit of delay (dst-3000) added. I didn’t play with the effects at all, so not sure how they got there.