Neural DSP Quad Cortex / Archetype Plugins Thread

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 33418
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 5436 times
Been liked: 2970 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:53 am
jeremyb wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:44 pm
GrantB wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:16 pm While I try to deal with life it’s pleasing to know I can take a guitar, a cable, an amp, and make soul rewarding sounds.
I hear you man, when I got the flint earlier this week I just went Strat -> Flint -> AC10 and it sounded glorious, all these expensive space invaders machines don’t excite me any more.
This week anyway.....
I'm never gonna say never but I think I have finally settled into my happy place amplification wise, I do seem to keep coming back to Vox style amps... pedals will come and go though...
Polar Bear wrote: It will continue to be a mystery as to why this is such a sausage fest.

murky
Gibson
Posts: 694
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:13 am
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by murky »

I’ll say it....

Vox is the undisputed king of amps.

Every single decent studio in the world has an “amazing old AC30”, and there’s always a suspiciously brief reference to it in the new album interview: “oh yeah, the studio had this old Vox that we used on a bunch of tracks.....”

Then you find out decades later that cats like Blackmore went out of their way to keep their boner for Vox a secret ....

User avatar
Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1424
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: Beta Canum Venaticorum
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 478 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by Lawrence »

attractive looking etc...but those footswitches are very close together...and having to switch two simultaneously to change mode sounds like a real headache in the middle of a gig.And personally the lack of an expression pedal is a no-no.
Im sure it sounds fine....but that demo didnt seem anything special.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 33418
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 5436 times
Been liked: 2970 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by jeremyb »

Polar Bear wrote: It will continue to be a mystery as to why this is such a sausage fest.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 33418
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 5436 times
Been liked: 2970 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by jeremyb »

Polar Bear wrote: It will continue to be a mystery as to why this is such a sausage fest.

User avatar
MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:34 am
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by MiniForklift »

So expensive though huh? Just had a look on the Andertons website, was surprised to see it has one of their BEST SELLER badges on it and 136 reviews :crazy:

I am definitely in the 'like it' camp but I don't think I could bring myself to spend too much over a grand on this kind of thing; am genuinely amazed at how many people drop serious coin on their effects/modeling units
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 33418
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 5436 times
Been liked: 2970 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by jeremyb »

MiniForklift wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:24 am So expensive though huh? Just had a look on the Andertons website, was surprised to see it has one of their BEST SELLER badges on it and 136 reviews :crazy:

I am definitely in the 'like it' camp but I don't think I could bring myself to spend too much over a grand on this kind of thing; am genuinely amazed at how many people drop serious coin on their effects/modeling units
You can justify it in the whole "I've got hundreds of boutique amps inside this little box" kinda way, but yeah it seems like a big investment for something you spend all your time twiddling knobs with to adjust mic positions and speaker types rather than actually playing :lol:
Polar Bear wrote: It will continue to be a mystery as to why this is such a sausage fest.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 18531
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 589 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:20 am
MiniForklift wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:24 am So expensive though huh? Just had a look on the Andertons website, was surprised to see it has one of their BEST SELLER badges on it and 136 reviews :crazy:

I am definitely in the 'like it' camp but I don't think I could bring myself to spend too much over a grand on this kind of thing; am genuinely amazed at how many people drop serious coin on their effects/modeling units
You can justify it in the whole "I've got hundreds of boutique amps inside this little box" kinda way, but yeah it seems like a big investment for something you spend all your time twiddling knobs with to adjust mic positions and speaker types rather than actually playing :lol:
Much cheaper to post on a guitar forum as your procrastination method. :mrgreen:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 33418
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 5436 times
Been liked: 2970 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:22 am
jeremyb wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:20 am
MiniForklift wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:24 am So expensive though huh? Just had a look on the Andertons website, was surprised to see it has one of their BEST SELLER badges on it and 136 reviews :crazy:

I am definitely in the 'like it' camp but I don't think I could bring myself to spend too much over a grand on this kind of thing; am genuinely amazed at how many people drop serious coin on their effects/modeling units
You can justify it in the whole "I've got hundreds of boutique amps inside this little box" kinda way, but yeah it seems like a big investment for something you spend all your time twiddling knobs with to adjust mic positions and speaker types rather than actually playing :lol:
Much cheaper to post on a guitar forum as your procrastination method. :mrgreen:
Hey the forum is my procrastination instead of working, not playing :lol:
Polar Bear wrote: It will continue to be a mystery as to why this is such a sausage fest.

User avatar
AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:33 pm
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 604 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by AiRdAd »

I buy profiles for my Kemper - rather than profiling actual amps. That's where the Kemper really shines for me, it's really cheap to buy quality profiles of the amps I want. Are there a lot of quality profiles for the Neural DSP out there?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

User avatar
griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 pm
Has liked: 428 times
Been liked: 190 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by griff »

That guy is way less annoying than Danish Pete

User avatar
MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:34 am
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by MiniForklift »

griff wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:26 am That guy is way less annoying than Danish Pete
I actually can’t watch him, his mannerisms and over excitement just do my head in
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

User avatar
griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 pm
Has liked: 428 times
Been liked: 190 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by griff »

Yep, I'm the same

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4861
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 854 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by robthemac »

MiniForklift wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:56 am
griff wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:26 am That guy is way less annoying than Danish Pete
I actually can’t watch him, his mannerisms and over excitement just do my head in
Yeah if I were Lee I would have have smacked Pete over the head with a Purple Sparkle Classic Vibe Tele. Repeatedly.

User avatar
TmcB
I may have a problem
Posts: 7056
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: The Welling Town
Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 356 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by TmcB »

I’m just not here yet for the QC.

I can’t see/hear any real improvements over Kemper or Helix.

The best it has going for it is 2 more cores than the Helix but with the same UI, the profiling from Kemper and the price of a Helix and a Kemper combined.

I’m probably just jaded after so much Darkglass overpriced hype.
*UNIQUE* wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".

Post Reply