BOSS has joined the game (GT-1000CORE)

Post by KNNZ »

Looks awesome!

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: BOSS has joined the game (GT-1000CORE)

Post by Kiwiaxe »

That does look awesome. What I also like about it is that it's not line6.

I'm a bit grumpy at line6 because my very expensive and <6 year old M20D mixer randomly stopped working and apparently they aren't designed to be fixed; rather they are designed to just have the mainboard replaced as that would be cheaper. Except, line6 decided that 6 years is also far too long to support a product and hence mainboards are no longer replaceable.

Whereas I'm confident that Boss will continue to provide support for its products based on what I've seen of past history.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Looks great! FM3/Stomp killah.
Loving it so far

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Oooooh

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Boss are the most on point manufacturer right now, they keep hitting home runs!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

They really should of had you demoing it Ed :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 am They really should of had you demoing it Ed :-)
Nah they need to bring back Johnny DeMarco :lol:

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 am Boss are the most on point manufacturer right now, they keep hitting home runs!!
Ever since Matt went there. Coincidence? :think:

Probably :lol: :wink:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 am
AiRdAd wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 am They really should of had you demoing it Ed :-)
Nah they need to bring back Johnny DeMarco :lol:

Love him!!! he's great!!! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 am
jeremyb wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 am Boss are the most on point manufacturer right now, they keep hitting home runs!!
Ever since Matt went there. Coincidence? :think:

Probably :lol: :wink:
I think its safe to assume we can credit their revival and new found success to Matt, but adding Ed as well has put the icing on the cake!

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Never mind that, what about the new looper. I need to upgrade from my RC-10R!
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

Beware that the really nice and interesting sounds on the 500 series boxes are not in the GT-1000. No Vintage Digital delay or SRV reverb, for example. The reverbs are incredibly bland and were basically unusable for me, and the delays are no better than a simple DD-8. All the modulation sounds were pretty sterile and were mostly unusable for me as well, outside of the chorus sounds. Terrible phaser, tremolo, pitch-shifting, etc.

Strangely the OD section is actually not too bad (RAT clone is OK, Fuzz is OK, etc), and there is a nice HM-2 emulation in there that is inexplicably absent from the OD-200. However, simple and cheap analog dirt pedals will still sound noticeably better on a pedalboard.

Biggest problem with the GT-1000, however, is when using it on a pedalboard and playing through a real amp, when you bypass it the whole signal still goes through AD/DA processing, which colored the tone so much I couldn't stand it. That's what made me sell it, ultimately. My plan was to turn off the verb/delay/amp sim in the GT-1000 and put some good delay and reverb pedals after it in a signal chain, and I tried that but I just couldn't get it to sound decent. They don't mention the GT-1000CORE is true bypass (or that it has analog dry through) so I doubt it's different in this regard.

With that said, if you only plan to use it as an all-in-one, always-on unit, and you always use its amp sim, it can sound pretty good, especially through headphones.

The RC-500, however, looks really interesting and usable to me and I might just have to buy that!!

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:33 pm That does look awesome. What I also like about it is that it's not line6.

I'm a bit grumpy at line6 because my very expensive and <6 year old M20D mixer randomly stopped working and apparently they aren't designed to be fixed; rather they are designed to just have the mainboard replaced as that would be cheaper. Except, line6 decided that 6 years is also far too long to support a product and hence mainboards are no longer replaceable.

Whereas I'm confident that Boss will continue to provide support for its products based on what I've seen of past history.
i dont believe the main board excuse, the main processor will go forever on anything well made as long as it suvives the first power up.

. its the power supply that dies in most cases.

saying that i`m still trynig to fix my ensoniq without even measuring the PS so what do i know.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

I watched the video. This is what I learned. The unit has effects including overdrives. Some effects loops. Not sure if it can be midi switched. Not sure what effects I can combine at the same time. Don't know what it will cost. The guitar player has good chops. I wish I could understand this stuff better.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

werdna wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:39 am I watched the video. This is what I learned. The unit has effects including overdrives. Some effects loops. Not sure if it can be midi switched. Not sure what effects I can combine at the same time. Don't know what it will cost. The guitar player has good chops. I wish I could understand this stuff better.
Yeah the information provided so far has not been particularly informative.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.