Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 755 times
Been liked: 254 times

Re: Delays! Recommend me one!

Post by Miza »

+1 for the Alter Ego X4.
My favourite delay (that I've never tried) is the Way Huge Supa Puss. Tap tempo version of the Aqua Puss. All the goodness of analog delay, all the usability of digital.
Pretty much any analog delay with tap tempo is worth a look IMO.
Nothing to see here.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Miza »

Voxshall wrote:... so I ended up with three old classics a DM-2, a Deluxe Memory Man and a Echoplex EP-3.
Those are my 3 favourite pre-set tones on the AG X4. :thumbup:
Nothing to see here.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

I could be keen on an Alter Ego or Flashback. Theres a few Timelines on Facebook right now, which are well priced I think but still dunno if I can justify the cost. Want to be able to add another verb or a compressor soon too.

Edit: there's a flashback on trade me right now too.. With the 4 tone print slots, I could basically get the sounds I want from the Alter Ego as well, right?
Loving it so far

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

StratMatt wrote:I could be keen on an Alter Ego or Flashback. Theres a few Timelines on Facebook right now, which are well priced I think but still dunno if I can justify the cost. Want to be able to add another verb or a compressor soon too.

Edit: there's a flashback on trade me right now too.. With the 4 tone print slots, I could basically get the sounds I want from the Alter Ego as well, right?
Kinda. The alter ego specifically goes for the tape delay vibe.

Either way, you'll end up with a mighty fine delay. The tone prints are a hoot too. Download to the pedal by holding your phone to the pickup - a party trick in itself.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

StratMatt wrote:I could be keen on an Alter Ego or Flashback. Theres a few Timelines on Facebook right now, which are well priced I think but still dunno if I can justify the cost. Want to be able to add another verb or a compressor soon too.

The winner on the alter ego for me was the binson echorec mode, I had an original V1 and it sounded amazing! Had a flashback X4 too but really missed that echorec...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 380 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Hmmm, Loath Strymon, too sterile, found Tc ( other than a proper 2290 rack unit in stereo ) even worse. Ears spoilt by too many years of tape echo ownership.
However I keep coming back to a Diamond Memory Lane Jnr. Nothing fancy, no bells and whistles but despite it's digital construction sounds acceptably otherwise.
Also not been disappointed by CatalinBread offerings.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

Yeah I was lucky enough to borrow a Memory Lane Jr from someone here a while back and it sounded great. Would happily take one of those too if there's one going.
Loving it so far

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

StratMatt wrote:Yeah I was lucky enough to borrow a Memory Lane Jr from someone here a while back and it sounded great. Would happily take one of those too if there's one going.
If you're considering something like the memory lane, try https://www.80tape.com/ . it's a New Zealand company. I sold my memory lane and have got two of his ones. Kev77 is a big fan, and I know another member here that has got one too.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

AiRdAd wrote:
StratMatt wrote:Yeah I was lucky enough to borrow a Memory Lane Jr from someone here a while back and it sounded great. Would happily take one of those too if there's one going.
If you're considering something like the memory lane, try https://www.80tape.com/ . it's a New Zealand company. I sold my memory lane and have got two of his ones. Kev77 is a big fan, and I know another member here that has got one too.
They must be good, they're all sold out! I managed to pick up an El Capistan anyway so sorted for tale delay for now :)
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Also... made right here in Christchurch! http://www.fluxeffects.com/slipstream
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

jeremyb wrote:Also... made right here in Christchurch! http://www.fluxeffects.com/slipstream
My wallet is shrinking away at the sight of 500USD though :lol:

I like the look of the Liquid reverb but, that could be a go. I've seen them on lots of boards.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

StratMatt wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Also... made right here in Christchurch! http://www.fluxeffects.com/slipstream
My wallet is shrinking away at the sight of 500USD though :lol:

I like the look of the Liquid reverb but, that could be a go. I've seen them on lots of boards.
I had one of the mono reverbs, only sold cause I went back to multifx, sounds amazing!

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Miza »

Pretty amazing wizardry* to pack all those features into an analog delay.

*No Chch pun intended.
Nothing to see here.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Miza wrote:
Pretty amazing wizardry* to pack all those features into an analog delay.

*No Chch pun intended.
Michael is certainly a wizard, and a super nice guy, came along to one of our gearfests with a bunch of his pedals, the trem sounds so amazing too!