an idea of the size

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 655 times

Re: Fractal FM3 Finally!!!

Post by rickenbackerkid »

lead tone in that short demo was glorious . . . cleaner tones kind of crap, in my opinion. Drowned in FX though so it's hard to hear what the guitar actually sounds like. But the lead tone was fab

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1359 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

That first little cleanish picking riff sounds, ah, fake to my ears. Everything I’ve heard in this space is the same. Kinda clean dirty tones that sound hifi. I think this is what people want tho?

Meh, I’m not up with what’s hip anymore. Was I ever?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Finally? This has been out for a while now. If it was a bit bigger I'd look at upgrading from the AX8, but looks like they're going for the HX Stomp market.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

GrantB wrote:That first little cleanish picking riff sounds, ah, fake to my ears. Everything I’ve heard in this space is the same. Kinda clean dirty tones that sound hifi. I think this is what people want tho?

Modern prog metal drives the development and sales of these units, it's all about hifi cleans and djenty dirts :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

StratMatt wrote:Finally? This has been out for a while now. If it was a bit bigger I'd look at upgrading from the AX8, but looks like they're going for the HX Stomp market.
It's been "out" but no one has been able to get hold of one for like the last 18 months or however long it is.

There are a handful shipping out to influencers now as far as I'm aware but I don't think it'll be available to consumers just yet, especially considering the issues in China.

No headphone jack is pretty annoying, it was one of the major drawbacks of the AX8.

Tbh the sounds don't sound particularly different/better than the Axe II generation.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

slash-ed wrote:
StratMatt wrote:Finally? This has been out for a while now. If it was a bit bigger I'd look at upgrading from the AX8, but looks like they're going for the HX Stomp market.
It's been "out" but no one has been able to get hold of one for like the last 18 months or however long it is.

There are a handful shipping out to influencers now as far as I'm aware but I don't think it'll be available to consumers just yet, especially considering the issues in China.

No headphone jack is pretty annoying, it was one of the major drawbacks of the AX8.

Tbh the sounds don't sound particularly different/better than the Axe II generation.
Yeap what Ed said. Finally they're shipping out units!

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Oh OK, fair enough. I haven't really been paying that much attention to be honest. Every time I think about changing my rig it just seems pointless as the AX8 can do everything :lol:
Loving it so far

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

GrantB wrote:That first little cleanish picking riff sounds, ah, fake to my ears. Everything I’ve heard in this space is the same. Kinda clean dirty tones that sound hifi. I think this is what people want tho?

Maybe you just need a hip replacement?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1359 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

jeremyb wrote:

Modern prog metal drives the development and sales of these units, it's all about hifi cleans and djenty dirts :)
I can play a G chord
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

GrantB wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

I can play a G chord
I can barely do that. But that said I love the sounds out of the Axe III. No idea if the cleans sound fake or not really, I've heard shamefully few amps in my life. But the vibrolux setting I have currently, with a spring reverb & a touch of tremolo, sounds real good and more importantly inspiring!

That said, you're no longer hip. With all your old smelly amps and guitars. ;)

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

hamo wrote:

Maybe you just need a hip replacement?
This is a guitar forum, you're on shakey ground discussing hip-op.
Tin arse!!