mule
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 520 times
Been liked: 163 times

Re: TC Plethora X5

Post by mule »

Delayman wrote:I can't see the point of releasing an all-in-one pedal like this - but having no drives. I know we all have our favourites - but surely TC could have had a go?

Am I reading that wrong?
Do they have any toneprint drive pedals? Since they're trying to leverage the existing library of user-made toneprints as a selling point, introducing anything new might not add much.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Digital drive pedals are a bit shit, let's be honest! I think they've made the right choice here!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 234 times

Post by Delayman »

jeremyb wrote:Digital drive pedals are a bit shit, let's be honest! I think they've made the right choice here!!
True, but nova does it by having an analog drive don’t they? I just think they could have done better. But maybe it works as an everything else pedal.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

mule
PRS
PRS

Post by mule »

It's gotta be a cost decision, which I'm happy with. 399USD seems reasonable to me.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

mule wrote:It's gotta be a cost decision, which I'm happy with. 399USD seems reasonable to me.
Yep I guess it would be hard to pack in a satisfying crunch, lead sound, and overdrive that would satisfy us and stay anywhere near that price point. I guess I'm looking for helix at the wrong price point :-)
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

Delayman wrote:
mule wrote:It's gotta be a cost decision, which I'm happy with. 399USD seems reasonable to me.
Yep I guess it would be hard to pack in a satisfying crunch, lead sound, and overdrive that would satisfy us and stay anywhere near that price point. I guess I'm looking for helix at the wrong price point :-)
They make a point in the marketing of saying how easy it is to chuck your favourite drive pedal in the built in loop.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

hamo wrote:
Delayman wrote:
They make a point in the marketing of saying how easy it is to chuck your favourite drive pedal in the built in loop.
yep I saw that. I would really like something like a more versatile version of the Tech21 Flyrig - so I guess I was thinking about an all in one solution, but this is very much an everything but the drive solution. I reckon i'd be Nova customer if it was a new release and I thought it would be supported. Seems like a great concept.

MattH
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by MattH »

I asked my brother what plethora means. He told me.

"Thanks for telling me what plethora means", I said.

"It means a lot."
All the gear... absolutely no idea...

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

I know my sub n up has a drive section as well in the toneprint editor so you could do drive if you had too.Theres a bass pe-amp but no actual drive pedals which is actually odd,i thought maybe the dark matter was a tone print pedal.
https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories ... ans(en|en)

mule
PRS
PRS

Post by mule »

Andertons have a demo up. Looks pretty easy to work with considering they didn't read the manual :P

From what it looks like the control knobs don't do anything while an effect is engaged. I guess it would be hard to make that consistent across different pedals but it's a bit of a bummer. I'm constantly fiddling with my phaser with my toe but that doesn't seem to be doable. I guess that's partially helped with the mash switches, or you can assign an expression pedal to one effect.

mule
PRS
PRS

Post by mule »

Looks like these are now available from Thomann. Most other retailers they're still taking pre-orders so I guess they've struggled to get stock shipped at the moment.

Pricing seems to be more around US$499 than the initial indication of US$399. With shipping from Thomann it's about $875. Which for me shifts it from "definitely keen" to "hmm, will see what RS will be asking".