Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY sizzlingbadger
I tried a Supro Blues King today, really nice little amp, I think the Mesa Express may have to go on the block shortly.
BY codedog
sizzlingbadger wrote:I tried a Supro Blues King today, really nice little amp, I think the Mesa Express may have to go on the block shortly.

There was one on Facebook recently. I think I posted a link to it on the Trade Me thread.
BY Lawrence
sizzlingbadger wrote:I may sell my Mesa 5:50 Express 1x12 Combo in the new year, it has excellent Fender style cleans and some great drive options.

so if we put mine with yours do you think we could sell someone a stereo pair?
BY JHorner
sizzlingbadger wrote:I tried a Supro Blues King today, really nice little amp, I think the Mesa Express may have to go on the block shortly.

What does it do that the Mesa can't?
BY hamo
JHorner wrote:

Assuage GAS
BY jeremyb
sizzlingbadger wrote:
JHorner wrote:

They are very different sounding amps.

Is making your guitar just sound louder not enough for you??!?!?
BY jeremyb
hamo wrote:
JHorner wrote:

Assuage GAS

Isn't he that wikileaks guy?!?!??
Well I just picked up a little Vox Pathfinder last week. Surprisingly sounds fairly decent, especially considering it's SS. Have it paired with the Snouse

Truth be told the Supro GAS has waned in favour of a few spendy pedals I hope to acquire soon, and a little further down the line a 'vintage' ahem Strat project not too dissimilar to Jeremy's new pride and joy