Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MakoGat
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 317
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by MakoGat »

here's a little taste of whats going...

https://www.guitarshed.co.nz

MakoGat
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by MakoGat »

Here you go, Death by Audio pedals soon... https://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listi ... er=7335478

MakoGat
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by MakoGat »

Only a few Death by Audio pedals left in stock - get in quick before they go. the new DBA "ROOMS" pedal will be in next order.

Fuzzrocious pedals arriving any day.

Evidence Audio monorail cable, SIS straight and right angled plugs in stock. Best solderless patch cables around!

Pedalboard tape (mushroom type) in stock.

Lots of guitar parts in stock - caps, pots, wire, hardware, hit me up via my website if you need anything?

Its been quite a busy week with sales via Trademe, plenty of guitar setup work from a couple of schools before they start up again, all while I'm trying to finish a massive pedalboard, busy busy.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 27000
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4068 times
Been liked: 2105 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by jeremyb »

Awesome stuff man!!

MakoGat
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by MakoGat »

Hey aficionados, check out whats available here: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listi ... er=7335478

Keep up with the latest here: https://www.facebook.com/GuitarShedNZ/

Would appreciate some support, thanks

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8851
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 989 times
Contact:

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by Conway »

As soon as I sell some of the pedals I have on trademe, I will be buying one of these delightful looking things:

Image

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8851
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 989 times
Contact:

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by Conway »

Possibly one of these as well:

Image

MakoGat
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by MakoGat »

They are lovely things, each one is slightly different in its graphics. Keeping a FeedME FOR MYSELF!

MakoGat
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by MakoGat »

Hey guys n gals, like most people ive been sent home from my day job, however Guitar Shed is still open. If you need anything, parts, cables, strings, pedalboard tape ect I can still send it out for you.
You can contact me via the website www.guitarshed.co.nz

Stay safe, be kind and look out for each other

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8851
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 989 times
Contact:

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by Conway »

Now, I’m probably going to get called a bad name here, but anyway...

I wanted to support a fellow NZG member and local small operator (like myself), and I asked if he would sell me one of the pedals I was after directly at a price equal to his trademe listing price less fees. I also wanted to collect over the weekend.

Communication was slow and the initial answers were “my auctions are courier only” and “buy on Trademe”.

OK, bit of an odd response I thought. So I go back and say “ I was wanting to buy directly. Wouldn’t you rather your customer save the $25 than let Trademe have it as a fee???”

His reply: “Myself, as the seller, pays the success fees and I dont add success fees to my pricing as I want to offer my customer the best possible pricing as the NZ Dealer for the products I stock. As stated, my auctions are courier only.“

Am I missing something here? Was I being unreasonable? I think not. I would certainly do that deal - minus trademe fees - on a guitar I’m selling.

Anyway, I’m sorry but he’s lost my business. You can call me bad names now.
Last edited by Conway on Mon May 25, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 27000
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4068 times
Been liked: 2105 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by jeremyb »

In the past I've gone direct to suppliers and paid the trademe price, or bought from their website for same price, cause making a buck is hard in this game :) I can see why you'd want to be consistent with your selling process or you'd be dealing with tyre kickers wanting cheaper and cheaper prices, no offense intended Conway as you weren't tyre kicking.

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8851
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 989 times
Contact:

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by Conway »

jeremyb wrote:In the past I've gone direct to suppliers and paid the trademe price, or bought from their website for same price, cause making a buck is hard in this game :) I can see why you'd want to be consistent with your selling process or you'd be dealing with tyre kickers wanting cheaper and cheaper prices, no offense intended Conway as you weren't tyre kicking.
No, I wasn’t tyre kicking and no offence taken. I get asked every second day if I will sell one of my guitars at a price less trademe fees. And often a lot lower than that. And for a serious buyer, I will always sell direct at the net price.

User avatar
Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1378
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:43 pm
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 353 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Conway wrote:“Myself, as the seller, pays the success fees and I don't add success fees to my pricing as I want to offer my customer the best possible pricing as the NZ Dealer for the products I stock. As stated, my auctions are courier only.“
Yeah, this is a weird attitude Mako... you say you don't pass on the success fees, but if there's no option to buy off Trade Me then from the customer's perspective, your pricing DOES include the success fee. I mean sure, you're not getting anything extra - but there's no benefit to your customers... only Trade Me.

Not trying to have a go - these are hard times for small business, and I really hope you make a success of this.

This might be the first time I have ever agreed with Conway... :oh:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15822
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 471 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by hamo »

Was this through forum PMs? Did he know who he was dealing with?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 35108
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2646 times

Re: Evidence Audio, Death by Audio, services etc

Post by Bg »

It is hard times for everyone, hence I'm not making a deal of any pro/am selling here that don't push a few bucks into the fund every now and again to pay something back :)

But I've just gone all passive/aggresive, wasn't meaning too. In the past I tried advertising banners and fees which worked but was too formal. Its just always nice when somebody makes a sale on the forum that they think of the time, effort, and cash that goes into the site :) Those trademe fees would pay a months worth of hosting.

anyway, as you were.
"What constitutes a porn addiction"
"I'd say when you keep watching after you've finished"

Post Reply