SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Re: What pedal am I looking for?

Post by SimonHirst »

StratMatt wrote: Ah yeah I did have an MXR eq running before it at one point, that worked quite well actually. Not many booteek internet points to be had though :lol:
Ha! I was going to put in brackets ‘It definitely won’t win you any cool-gear points though’ in that paragraph. :lol:
Sad, but true!

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Reg18 wrote:Klon gives a little bass cut and nice mid range boost but a different kind to the TS styles you are using. From what I understand (and having owned many TS variants and the Cmat Signa Drive) the Signa drive is just a modded TS. EP gives a slight bass boost so won’t tighten things up so to speak, but works wonders at lower volumes to thicken things up. If your playing at 90db or higher go for a Klon!
Thanks, don't think I've tried any Klon variant so might try that avenue. EP would probably be able to squeeze on there too actually.
Loving it so far

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

StratMatt wrote:
Reg18 wrote:Klon gives a little bass cut and nice mid range boost but a different kind to the TS styles you are using. From what I understand (and having owned many TS variants and the Cmat Signa Drive) the Signa drive is just a modded TS. EP gives a slight bass boost so won’t tighten things up so to speak, but works wonders at lower volumes to thicken things up. If your playing at 90db or higher go for a Klon!
Thanks, don't think I've tried any Klon variant so might try that avenue. EP would probably be able to squeeze on there too actually.
Klons have a great clean boost and a non TS mid drive as well. If you like their flavour, Wampler make the Tumnus Deluxe which is a Klon with the options of extra available gain plus a midrange control.
Either the Tumnus or a JRocket Archer is always on my board.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

StratMatt wrote:
jeremyb wrote:In all seriousness tho', get yourself a red witch fuzz god II, many great sounds in that pedal!!
Let me know when you sell up to fund your bass rig :wink:
HA! Sold both of the ones I've owned ages ago, don't ask...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

The Fuzz God 3 is a nice small pedal - looks good.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

Conway wrote:The Fuzz God 3 is a nice small pedal - looks good.
Yeah, I came close to ordering one of those, then I read this bit:
Red Witch Website wrote:The Fuzz God III has 3 dials on the top surface for Fuzz, Volume and Sputter.

Inside it has a 6 way DIP switch.

The first 2 DIP switches control different gain arrays.

DIP switches 3 to 6 control different tonal structures.

This allows up 64 different gain and tone combinations.
Talk about a tweaking nightmare, having to pop the back off when you dial it in. I guess if you have more than one dipswitch combo you want to use, just buy one for each setting!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Molly wrote:The most versatile overdrive I've ever had is the Archer 'The Dude'. It might now be piece of gear I've had the longest. Two years! Which, if you convert Molly years to normal years, is about ten. :-)
Holy Crap - that's like two century's in normal years!!! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:The most versatile overdrive I've ever had is the Archer 'The Dude'. It might now be piece of gear I've had the longest. Two years! Which, if you convert Molly years to normal years, is about ten. :-)
J. Rockett Audio is the company - the Archer is another popular pedal that they make :wink:

Agreed that The Dude is an awesome pedal, think the only reason I sold it to Molly was because it was too loud. Not kidding, has an insane amount of volume on tap. Come to think of it, I think the Lovepedal Kalamazoo was mine too? Molly is just me in some kind of weird parallel universe

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

In response to the OP's question, yeah I would go for something along the lines of a Klon.

If you have the budget (close to $400) I'd opt for the Ceriatone Centura, less budget and I'd be looking at a J. Rockett Archer. If you don't really have a budget then maybe a EHX Soul Food

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:In response to the OP's question, yeah I would go for something along the lines of a Klon.

If you have the budget (close to $400) I'd opt for the Ceriatone Centura, less budget and I'd be looking at a J. Rockett Archer. If you don't really have a budget then maybe a EHX Soul Food
Soul Food is a cheap entry to Klonland and 90+% of offerings many times the price.
Mine made my Archer and Tumnus seem like poor value for money.
So naturally, I sold it.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
J. Rockett Audio is the company - the Archer is another popular pedal that they make :wink:

Agreed that The Dude is an awesome pedal, think the only reason I sold it to Molly was because it was too loud. Not kidding, has an insane amount of volume on tap. Come to think of it, I think the Lovepedal Kalamazoo was mine too? Molly is just me in some kind of weird parallel universe
Like the movie Twins. Just a pity I'm Danny Devito...