Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MakoGat
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 115 times

Switching Newbie help needed

Post by MakoGat »

So my previous pedalboards have all been without any form of loop switching but its now time to build a mega board and gathering up all those pedals ive always dreamed of consisting of but not in any order....
Tuner, Wah, Blues Driver, TS9, Speaker Cranker, DBA Apocalypse, Fuzz, Mobius, Timeline, Bigsky - so 1x Tuner, 1x Wah, 8x effects.
Power is Zuma & Ojai so plenty of grunt with 14 500ma outlets
Initially I thought of going Gigrig Quartermaster but have changed my mind to maybe a Gigrig G2 - any feedback, pros/cons on this unit? (not keen on overcomplicated use)
For the life of me I cant find out if im maxed out with number of pedals with the G2, i.e can I add more effects???

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Re: Switching Newbie help needed

Post by Candeevr4 »

The G2 is 10 loops with 2 being stereo, 1 with mono out and stereo in and the other stereo in and out. Tuner out is separate. You can also do loops within a loop, if you always use a bunch of effects at the same time.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

I haven’t used one, but did have a pretty serious look at them, and might possibly go down that track in the future. But I do use Gigrig’s modular power system and for what it’s worth, in terms of a ‘brand recommendation’, it’s really, really impressed me. Their customer service was great with me, so, if you want more information,I’d highly recommend just emailing them. Might as well get the info straight from the proverbial horse’s mouth :thumbup:

MakoGat
Squier
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by MakoGat »

Ok so "always on" pedals would just be included in each loop.
Can I create a loop then say switch on one pedal on the fly or would it be another loop with that pedal added?

What about adding more pedals to the board, currently would have 9 - how does this work?

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

FWIW I have the version 1 of this, and its pretty great: https://www.swamp.net.au/moen-gec9-v2-g ... ing-system

I got it from that website too.

Its not as bells and whistles as the gigrig but it has heaps of loops and its super easy to programme. You can use one loop to do the 4CM if that's your thing too.

Seemed solid and reliable to me - I replaced the Joyo PXL8 because it made pops/clicks which you could hear through the amp, which this does not.