Bigreddog
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Help building my first pedal board

Post by Bigreddog »

Do you guys recommend dropping a helix effects or stomp on the end of this pedalboard?

A lot of money to invest but would be good to ‘finish ‘ the board and not surf for sale sites so much

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Bigreddog wrote:would be good to ‘finish ‘ the board and not surf for sale sites so much
The only way I actually achieved that was to buy a mesa and just have tuner, OD and channel changer.

YMMV

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3466 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Bigreddog wrote:Do you guys recommend dropping a helix effects or stomp on the end of this pedalboard?

A lot of money to invest but would be good to ‘finish ‘ the board and not surf for sale sites so much
I read this as 'just one more pedal I'll be done'... :think:
Maybe you should ask the guys with Helixes and Stomps if they actually cure GAS :lol: :P

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Cdog wrote:
Bigreddog wrote:Do you guys recommend dropping a helix effects or stomp on the end of this pedalboard?

I read this as 'just one more pedal I'll be done'... :think:
Maybe you should ask the guys with Helixes and Stomps if they actually cure GAS :lol: :P
I can honestly say my AX8 has cured my amp/pedal GAS. Then again, I am not a gigging/amateur guitarist.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Bigreddog wrote:What is a sensible number of distortions?
The suggestions seem to only have a few pedals.
Maybe it's by bogan roots showing but I feel bad leaving different distortions out.

Does anyone have a main board that somehow adds into another home board?
I tend to use just one overdrive and a boost, which I'll either use for solos, or on a clean sound to make a line jump out. I find i can get away with just one OD, and get different 'shades' of gain by playing with dynamics, using a different pickup, or turning the volume knob down a bit.

My rig has become very simple. I'm a gigging guitarist in two bands, and I need easy to use and to setup, and I need various effects for different cover songs. So I just use a TC Electronic Nova System multifx thing and try to steer clear of the buy/sell thing