Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

I just got a Bias Mini Head to use as a lightweight gigging option. Planning to go direct to PA when we have a soundie. Possibly could have gone Katana, but I really like the bias software and this one came up on Trademe at a no brainer price. I had been experimenting with a Sansamp Blonde and a Mooer Day Tripper with pretty good results- this just seemed like a logical step.
bender wrote:I just got a Bias Mini Head to use as a lightweight gigging option. Planning to go direct to PA when we have a soundie. Possibly could have gone Katana, but I really like the bias software and this one came up on Trademe at a no brainer price. I had been experimenting with a Sansamp Blonde and a Mooer Day Tripper with pretty good results- this just seemed like a logical step.

Ohhh didn't know they did a mini head.
But I'm quite far out of touch and have no Gas, I don't even look at trademe for weeks at a time. I'm a traitor to my kind.
slash-ed wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:<snip>. Distortions are awful and unusable ;-p

The drive sounds are my favourite thing about Katanas!! What kind of sound are you trying to get, maybe we can help? :)

Low gain single coil overdrive vibes. All the gain preamps seem to have a really hyped upper mid and treble. That being said, I haven't had more than 30 minutes to tweak. I suspect that I might be better off with a clean preamp model and one of the modelled OD pedals
Bg wrote:
bender wrote:I just got a Bias Mini Head to use as a lightweight gigging option. Planning to go direct to PA when we have a soundie. Possibly could have gone Katana, but I really like the bias software and this one came up on Trademe at a no brainer price. I had been experimenting with a Sansamp Blonde and a Mooer Day Tripper with pretty good results- this just seemed like a logical step.

Ohhh didn't know they did a mini head.
But I'm quite far out of touch and have no Gas, I don't even look at trademe for weeks at a time. I'm a traitor to my kind.

Banned
rickenbackerkid wrote:
slash-ed wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:<snip>. Distortions are awful and unusable ;-p

The drive sounds are my favourite thing about Katanas!! What kind of sound are you trying to get, maybe we can help? :)

Low gain single coil overdrive vibes. All the gain preamps seem to have a really hyped upper mid and treble. That being said, I haven't had more than 30 minutes to tweak. I suspect that I might be better off with a clean preamp model and one of the modelled OD pedals

How are you setting your EQ? Are you using the Crunch channel?

Let us know how you get on, they look cool. They have got a new product called 'Spark' I wonder how that compares to it
In the mail? The wife and kids. I came on ahead to get stuff ready and have missed them like f'k. Well, they'll be setting off tomorrow. :-)

Got a new trampoline as a wee surprise and assembled a bunk bed / desk thing for my boy. Looks cool as with his toys arranged. Want to find a nice reading chair for my daughter and reupholster her headboard now she's grown out of pink. That's tomorrow then. :-)
AiRdAd wrote:

Let us know how you get on, they look cool. They have got a new product called 'Spark' I wonder how that compares to it

Really like it so far! Playing it at a gig tonight. If you like the sound of Bias Amp 2 software, then you’ll like the amp.
Not in the mail but picked this up from Ed on Saturday afternoon. ESP Eclipse. Something of a special run sold in Australia. Full thickness body, double bound, 4 knobs, Kluson tuners with the 59/JB pickup combo. Cool as.

StratMatt wrote:Not in the mail but picked this up from Ed on Saturday afternoon. ESP Eclipse. Something of a special run sold in Australia. Full thickness body, double bound, 4 knobs, Kluson tuners with the 59/JB pickup combo. Cool as.

That's hot