Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

#841617
Bg wrote:
Kev77 wrote:Stellatone tonestyler arrived today, the last piece of kit for the new bass. Happy times


Thats a multiswitch with different cap circuits built in right? Instead of a tone control or is it double ganged with a tone control as well?


Drops in the tone pot slot, it has “clickable “ settings.
I have the eleven version on my regular pbass, this new one is the six.
So good
#841618
Kev77 wrote:
Bg wrote:
Kev77 wrote:Stellatone tonestyler arrived today, the last piece of kit for the new bass. Happy times


Thats a multiswitch with different cap circuits built in right? Instead of a tone control or is it double ganged with a tone control as well?


Drops in the tone pot slot, it has “clickable “ settings.
I have the eleven version on my regular pbass, this new one is the six.
So good

Ah ok, I was sold if it had a tone pot on top of it :) so on your p-bass you don't have a tone just the 11 switch?
#841636
kdawg2a wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Yeah let's get back to important things like my new KOC-Head that's coming in a couple of weeks!!

Looking forward to checking out your new KOC.

You prefer your KOC-Head dirty or clean?
#841659
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Yeah let's get back to important things like my new KOC-Head that's coming in a couple of weeks!!

Looking forward to checking out your new KOC.

You prefer your KOC-Head dirty or clean?


I'm keen on whatever I can get out of it to be honest!
#841692
TmcB wrote:Sounds like there's been two dumb breaches of forum etiquette – dragging heels on payment, and dragging out dirty laundry.


I wouldn't consider what Brian is doing a breach of forum etiquette at all.
#841693
AiRdAd wrote:
TmcB wrote:Sounds like there's been two dumb breaches of forum etiquette – dragging heels on payment, and dragging out dirty laundry.


I wouldn't consider what Brian is doing a breach of forum etiquette at all.


Really? Would you want to be on the receiving end of that? It’s an unnecessary name and shame.

I mean, I got the popcorn out for sure, but there’s nothing that required public airing - I’ll bet a sharply worded PM would have had a better outcome.
#841765
TmcB wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:
TmcB wrote:Sounds like there's been two dumb breaches of forum etiquette – dragging heels on payment, and dragging out dirty laundry.


I wouldn't consider what Brian is doing a breach of forum etiquette at all.


Really? Would you want to be on the receiving end of that? It’s an unnecessary name and shame.

I mean, I got the popcorn out for sure, but there’s nothing that required public airing - I’ll bet a sharply worded PM would have had a better outcome.


There may well of been corrospondence between the two participants.

I'm in favor of private matters staying private

If You or Brian or TG or Kev or Dave or Anthony gave me a 'heads up' on something I would surely take that on board.

I'm guessing it's how that particular message is delivered is always worthy of consideration.
#841766
Not sure how that reads TBF

Non ambiguous:

If I am possession of goods I have not paid for I should make address

If I had an issue internal to NZG I would persue the matter privately

I will never know the corrospondence between alternate parties

Rightly or wrongly it's likely that certain voices or personalities carry more weight which is likely to infer any reasoning external parties make.
#841784
Molly wrote:Edit. Long-winded response... blah blah...

Short version. Wasn't about the money. Was about alerting others. He'd had fucking ample time to sort this out discreetly.


This ... and given the fact that the guy had a similar "run in" with GrantB (which I assume a few of you guys didn't see) I think Molly had every right to let it loose on us
#841787
I just want to say my situation was settled.

On this forum we look after each in an extra special way (calm down jb). We must go out of our way to make sure our internal deals are as smooth as possible. And if something makes that difficult to achieve, and that can happen, then in the spirit described we communicate quickly and honestly.

I prefer things to be kept private so there's a better chance of resolution, but we must also hold each other accountable.

That's how a community works I think, but it could also be the espresso talking.
  • 1
  • 636
  • 637
  • 638
  • 639
  • 640
  • 643