Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 5383
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:04 pm
Has liked: 979 times
Been liked: 750 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Olderama »

:D Couldn’t be a r s ed waiting for a shipment so ordered some Samson MediaOne M50s
They seem to get a decent write up and not to expensive
My bedroom studio is coming together nicely :D
:mental:

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 26994
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2105 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

Olderama wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:56 pm
:D Couldn’t be a r s ed waiting for a shipment so ordered some Samson MediaOne M50s
They seem to get a decent write up and not to expensive
My closet studio is coming together nicely :D
You were doing it wrong, fixed!!

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19288
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2646 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

Hoping the Baja lands tomorrow. Probably paid top-dollar for it but it looks minty and the wanky boutique pickups sound right up my alley.

Tele.jpg
Tele.jpg (455.88 KiB) Viewed 241 times

Anybody know what these pickups are? They're apparently hot US Tele pickups but I've no idea. I'll likely flick 'em.

Tele Pickups.jpg
Tele Pickups.jpg (146.43 KiB) Viewed 241 times

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15333
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 1548 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Slowy »

Pickups look standard modern Fender. The 048610 & 048609 refer to the bobbin mouldings, not the pup. They're found in Highway 1 series, Mexican and Californian issues.

As far as I know anyway.
Fox News has turned Boomers into what they thought video games would do to their kids.

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19288
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2646 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:26 pm
Pickups look standard modern Fender. The 048610 & 048609 refer to the bobbin mouldings, not the pup. They're found in Highway 1 series, Mexican and Californian issues.

As far as I know anyway.
Thanks Slowy. He chucked them in on the deal. I'll add them to the wee pile of small bits I need to get around to listing.

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19288
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2646 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

Molly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am
Slowy wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:26 pm
Pickups look standard modern Fender. The 048610 & 048609 refer to the bobbin mouldings, not the pup. They're found in Highway 1 series, Mexican and Californian issues.

As far as I know anyway.
Thanks Slowy. He chucked them in on the deal. I'll add them to the wee pile of small bits I need to get around to listing.
Picked up the Tele this morning. No sign of those extra pickups. Assuming it's an oversight on his part so have asked him to send them down.

Based on a quick play through the wee Blackstar in my office the pickups: "Custom wound vintage spec by AJF guitars in Nelson and a standard 3-way switch. These are low output vintage inspired with low waxing" sound very nice indeed. Looking forward to trying them through a proper amp. Wiring looks to be a full replacement. I did ask him about the old loom, Slowy, but he said he didn't have it. Sorry. I think the upgrade was done by a previous owner.

Baja Wiring.JPG
Baja Wiring.JPG (97.39 KiB) Viewed 139 times

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15333
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 1548 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 am
Molly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am
Slowy wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:26 pm
Pickups look standard modern Fender. The 048610 & 048609 refer to the bobbin mouldings, not the pup. They're found in Highway 1 series, Mexican and Californian issues.

As far as I know anyway.
Thanks Slowy. He chucked them in on the deal. I'll add them to the wee pile of small bits I need to get around to listing.
Picked up the Tele this morning. No sign of those extra pickups. Assuming it's an oversight on his part so have asked him to send them down.

Based on a quick play through the wee Blackstar in my office the pickups: "Custom wound vintage spec by AJF guitars in Nelson and a standard 3-way switch. These are low output vintage inspired with low waxing" sound very nice indeed. Looking forward to trying them through a proper amp. Wiring looks to be a full replacement. I did ask him about the old loom, Slowy, but he said he didn't have it. Sorry. I think the upgrade was done by a previous owner.


Baja Wiring.JPG
That is a blingy looking loom right there. Thanks for asking Molly. The fact that I seem to be one of the minority who love the original wiring gives me hope I might run across the discarded bits sooner or later. :rofl:
Fox News has turned Boomers into what they thought video games would do to their kids.

User avatar
olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Awkland
Has liked: 531 times
Been liked: 487 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Slowy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am

That is a blingy looking loom right there. Thanks for asking Molly. The fact that I seem to be one of the minority who love the original wiring gives me hope I might run across the discarded bits sooner or later. :rofl:

https://920dcustom.com/collections/t-st ... switch-mod

Sorted???

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 35097
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2641 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Bg »

"What constitutes a porn addiction"
"I'd say when you keep watching after you've finished"

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19288
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2646 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am
Molly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 am
Molly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am


Thanks Slowy. He chucked them in on the deal. I'll add them to the wee pile of small bits I need to get around to listing.
Picked up the Tele this morning. No sign of those extra pickups. Assuming it's an oversight on his part so have asked him to send them down.

Based on a quick play through the wee Blackstar in my office the pickups: "Custom wound vintage spec by AJF guitars in Nelson and a standard 3-way switch. These are low output vintage inspired with low waxing" sound very nice indeed. Looking forward to trying them through a proper amp. Wiring looks to be a full replacement. I did ask him about the old loom, Slowy, but he said he didn't have it. Sorry. I think the upgrade was done by a previous owner.


Baja Wiring.JPG
That is a blingy looking loom right there. Thanks for asking Molly. The fact that I seem to be one of the minority who love the original wiring gives me hope I might run across the discarded bits sooner or later. :rofl:
I gave the original loom to your bandmate when I sold him my last Baja. Maybe he has no use for it?

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 26994
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2105 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »


User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19288
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2646 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am
All pales in comparison to: https://obsidianwire.com/pro-wire-your-tele/
How you getting along with your ex-Slowy Baja? Mine seems identical to the last one which I guess speaks to Fender consistency.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 26994
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2105 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am
jeremyb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am
All pales in comparison to: https://obsidianwire.com/pro-wire-your-tele/
How you getting along with your ex-Slowy Baja? Mine seems identical to the last one which I guess speaks to Fender consistency.
I've got his PRS :mental:

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19288
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2646 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am
Molly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am
jeremyb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am
All pales in comparison to: https://obsidianwire.com/pro-wire-your-tele/
How you getting along with your ex-Slowy Baja? Mine seems identical to the last one which I guess speaks to Fender consistency.
I've got his PRS :mental:
Oh... Duh. Now you mention it I think I knew that. Sorry.

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15333
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 1548 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Slowy »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 am
Slowy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am

That is a blingy looking loom right there. Thanks for asking Molly. The fact that I seem to be one of the minority who love the original wiring gives me hope I might run across the discarded bits sooner or later. :rofl:

https://920dcustom.com/collections/t-st ... switch-mod

Sorted???
In all aspects except price, completely.
Folks seem determined to rip these things out of Bajas so the Scotsman in me says, "Watch and wait Laddie, watch and wait."
Fox News has turned Boomers into what they thought video games would do to their kids.

Post Reply