Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Bg »

I constantly think about gear and have played next to no guitar for the last couple of months. Its a weird affliction.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Bg wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:08 pm I constantly think about gear and have played next to no guitar for the last couple of months. Its a weird affliction.
Glad I'm not the only one. The cure for me was the need to upgrade the dog wagon soon. Now I have an expense to focus on, other than mulling over guitar gear!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:08 pm I constantly think about gear and have played next to no guitar for the last couple of months. Its a weird affliction.
Welcome to my world :rofl:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I actually switched on the amps last night. First time in ages. Noodled on the Smallbox 50 the most. Maybe twenty minutes. Usual cycling of guitars and usual licks. Been Googling Kempers again...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

DIG.JPG
DIG.JPG (51.24 KiB) Viewed 2717 times

Some say Strymon sound sterile. Fair enough. I have two (Flint, Deco) and whenever they're on, I sound very much better. I've recently found the limitations of my TC Flashback so there's nothing else for it... has to be done. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

Slowy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:11 am DIG.JPG

Some say Strymon sound sterile. Fair enough. I have two (Flint, Deco) and whenever they're on, I sound very much better. I've recently found the limitations of my TC Flashback so there's nothing else for it... has to be done. :D
Yes, never understood that. Add Volante to the list of non-sterile. Does that make them fecund?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

IMOCD wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 am

Yes, never understood that. Add Volante to the list of non-sterile. Does that make them fecund?
I don't get it either.
What I really love is Strymon's incredibly fine balance between being a full option digital do it all and a straightforward stompbox. I quickly lose the will to live when faced with multi layer digital tweaking options but Strymons, I can handle.

I'm expecting a fairly steep learning curve with this one though.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

The sterilemon thing came from the timeline, many found it too clinical :-) I loved the flint I had, so good!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

To a certain extent, the DIG is designed to be sterile or at least pristine. It’s very much as the ‘perfect’ end of the digital delay spectrum. That’s not a … dig, I’d say it hits the mark for what’s it is designed to. If you want mushy, dark delays, they’re abundant, if you want crisp, defined (multiple) delays, this will hit the spot.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:51 am The sterilemon thing came from the timeline, many found it too clinical :-) I loved the flint I had, so good!
Probably by people not going past the first ‘digital’ setting on it. There’s a wealth of warm sounds in them.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Polar Bear wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:54 am

To a certain extent, the DIG is designed to be sterile or at least pristine. It’s very much as the ‘perfect’ end of the digital delay spectrum. That’s not a … dig, I’d say it hits the mark for what’s it is designed to. If you want mushy, dark delays, they’re abundant, if you want crisp, defined (multiple) delays, this will hit the spot.
To be honest, I'll probably use the 12 bit setting most. It's the expanded rhythmic options over the Flashback that I'm wanting.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3466 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 2549 times
Been dithering on this too long. Great reviews, and used by my distant cuz surnamed Wong. Be nice to get a volume pedal back on the board, just hope the wah is as good as my current one. :)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Cdog wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:04 pm s-l400.jpg

Been dithering on this too long. Great reviews, and used by my distant cuz surnamed Wong. Be nice to get a volume pedal back on the board, just hope the wah is as good as my current one. :)
That's a versatile piece of kit; it combines 3 functions that I never use in a stylish package! :D

To be honest, I really should be using all 3.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3466 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Slowy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:08 pm That's a versatile piece of kit; it combines 3 functions that I never use in a stylish package! :D

To be honest, I really should be using all 3.
Well it's about pretty lights and sparkles for me... but ya never know, might need the actual features one day too :)

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

Cdog wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:04 pm s-l400.jpg

Interesting…any chance of a review after you’ve fanged it for a bit? Keen to know how quiet it is as a vol pedal (any boost?) and what the travel is like for a wah…among other user impressions :thumbup: