Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 143
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:38 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by ChAoZ »

robthemac wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:54 pm It was a reference to the 50s Goldtops painted over stunning maple.
I do have plans for a run of 5 guitars with metal flake tops, including one in gold

User avatar
Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4576
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm
Has liked: 966 times
Been liked: 794 times
Contact:

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Jay »

ChAoZ wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:24 pm
robthemac wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:54 pm It was a reference to the 50s Goldtops painted over stunning maple.
I do have plans for a run of 5 guitars with metal flake tops, including one in gold
What sort of metal? Is it copper so that you ultimately, with enough wear and sweat, will get the greeny look?
Long as I can see the light...

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 2912 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

Finally exhausted the last of the funds from the Harley sale and, with the aid of a wee short-term loan from the family, have a 335 on the way in. The model has the catchy, easy to remember code of ESDTVSNH1. It's a regular Memphis guitar (I don't have CS money the way prices have gone) but it's bloody nice. Identical to this one:



Got a few bits on TM to help make up the shortfall. That and an impending birthday should cover it.

User avatar
WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2852
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Welly
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 261 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by WellyBlues »

You've got the Eastman as well?

We'd all be very interested in a comparison if you have.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 2912 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

WellyBlues wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:28 pm You've got the Eastman as well?

We'd all be very interested in a comparison if you have.
No. Instead of. No issues with the Eastman, and it would've been a lot cheaper, but you know how it is... :-)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 16915
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 397 times
Been liked: 605 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by hamo »

Molly wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:31 pm
WellyBlues wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:28 pm You've got the Eastman as well?

We'd all be very interested in a comparison if you have.
No. Instead of. No issues with the Eastman, and it would've been a lot cheaper, but you know how it is... :-)
No, but I wish I did. :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4067
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2561 times
Been liked: 843 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by codedog »

hamo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:33 pm
Molly wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:31 pm
WellyBlues wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:28 pm You've got the Eastman as well?

We'd all be very interested in a comparison if you have.
No. Instead of. No issues with the Eastman, and it would've been a lot cheaper, but you know how it is... :-)
No, but I wish I did. :lol:
Yeah... wot he said! :lol:

Having said that, stoked with my Eastman. Doozy trem on FedEx, due to be delivered 9th June. That's pretty darn quick.

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 2912 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

Starting to stress about the 335. Been 'processing at depot' for three fucking days now. Enquiries lead to automated emails. :-(

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4067
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2561 times
Been liked: 843 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by codedog »

Molly wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm Starting to stress about the 335. Been 'processing at depot' for three fucking days now. Enquiries lead to automated emails. :-(
Where did you buy this?

User avatar
Jellybelly
Gibson
Posts: 885
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:10 am
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 177 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Jellybelly »

Molly wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm Starting to stress about the 335. Been 'processing at depot' for three fucking days now. Enquiries lead to automated emails. :-(
If it is Highbrook do not stress out too much. That place is some sort of world of its own.
Anything that I have had go through there or has been delayed has that place attached to it.
Best call is to ring not email. Always seems to get things moving a tad quicker :thumbup:

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 16754
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 1827 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Slowy »

Jellybelly wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:59 pm
Molly wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm Starting to stress about the 335. Been 'processing at depot' for three fucking days now. Enquiries lead to automated emails. :-(
If it is Highbrook do not stress out too much. That place is some sort of world of its own.
Anything that I have had go through there or has been delayed has that place attached to it.
Best call is to ring not email. Always seems to get things moving a tad quicker :thumbup:
Highbrook might just be the biggest open plan building in the Country. Put something on the floor and you could take a week to find it.
If a man says he's going to fix it, he will.
No need to remind him every 6 months.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 29296
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4853 times
Been liked: 2628 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

I’m sure they’re backed up too after the floods down south, prioritising other goods ahead of stuff like this :)
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 16754
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 1827 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:05 pm I’m sure they’re backed up too after the floods down south, prioritising other goods ahead of stuff like this :)
Wtf is more important than a 335?
If a man says he's going to fix it, he will.
No need to remind him every 6 months.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 29296
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4853 times
Been liked: 2628 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:07 pm
jeremyb wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:05 pm I’m sure they’re backed up too after the floods down south, prioritising other goods ahead of stuff like this :)
Wtf is more important than a 335?
A stratocaster for one thing...
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 2912 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

Jellybelly wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:59 pm
Molly wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm Starting to stress about the 335. Been 'processing at depot' for three fucking days now. Enquiries lead to automated emails. :-(
If it is Highbrook do not stress out too much. That place is some sort of world of its own.
Anything that I have had go through there or has been delayed has that place attached to it.
Best call is to ring not email. Always seems to get things moving a tad quicker :thumbup:
It is. FFS. I did phone. Got put on hold and when she came back it was just to say she'd sent me an email. The email was just a copy/paste load of nothing.

Post Reply