Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Bg »

It didn't come in the mail but I picked it up over at Ryan's the other day when CD was buying all manner of Bognor goodies...

its the most impractical to use pedal ever, onstage it looks completely black, you can't see where any of the knobs are set. But the important thing is that it sounds AWESOME :) I was after a replacement for my Rat that recently shat itself - need to spend some time checking it out :( and Ryan recommended this, it covers everything from mild overdrive right up to Mesa Triple Rec. I haven't stopped smiling yet.

I could have made one I guess if I had a spare laptop power supply and an old monitor - but it would not have ruled my world on saturday night :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

mmmmmm chrome 8)

hopefully my Morley will come up as shiny after a polish
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

bluesgeek wrote:It didn't come in the mail but I picked it up over at Ryan's the other day when CD was buying all manner of Bognor goodies...

Cool as, I was looking at one of them a while back but went for the Crunch Box instead. Bet you're glad to get some ridiculous dimpled chrome knobs back in your collection.
bluesgeek wrote:I could have made one I guess if I had a spare laptop power supply and an old monitor
Ooh, Rog-esque cheapshot!

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Jenesis wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:I could have made one I guess if I had a spare laptop power supply and an old monitor
Ooh, Rog-esque cheapshot!
yup.. I know when I'm not welcome...

I just don't care :P
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Jenesis wrote:Cool as, I was looking at one of them a while back but went for the Crunch Box instead. Bet you're glad to get some ridiculous dimpled chrome knobs back in your collection.
Its what initially attracted me :) a pedal I can't fiddle with on stage :D And of course its completely transparent and doesn't colour my sound at all *cough* yeah, right ;)

But I really have run out of laptop power supplies, ok I haven't really.....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

this arrived today
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Cool. I want one of those to chase the cat with. A mate has one with velco stuck to the underside and to the TV remote for "search and rescue" operations. Hints: don't try to fly it outside, short range + wind at all = goodbye. And expect to be stocking up on pitch arm balljoints.

In the mail news... I just got an account with a big yankee parts joint, so I expect there will be buttloads of shiny stuff and pickup bits in the mail soon-ish :mrgreen:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

And I just bought an Ibanez pedal-tuner, so my so-far imaginary pedal board project just became for-reals.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

ash wrote:Cool. I want one of those to chase the cat with. A mate has one with velco stuck to the underside and to the TV remote for "search and rescue" operations. Hints: don't try to fly it outside, short range + wind at all = goodbye. And expect to be stocking up on pitch arm balljoints.
it's for my dad for xmas.. it might even make it to him :lol:
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

I just jumped on a whole lot of goodies ex the guy on TradeMe wanting offers for things,....he has a baby coming (can't figure out what that has to do with exiting a whole lot of tasty gear?)....

Anyway, the list is impressive....Timefactor (yes, finally, after much debate), Digitech whammy, 6 channel loopmaster and a Rex Fuel Tank....

So not in mail, in car....now I just need a few weeks to work out the Timefactor....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

*UNIQUE* wrote:now I just need a few weeks to work out the Timefactor....
...before you can convincingly tell the wife, "oh, this old thing? I've had it for ages! Look, it does this and this." :mrgreen:

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

...why's it in your car?

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

*UNIQUE* wrote:I just jumped on a whole lot of goodies ex the guy on TradeMe wanting offers for things,....he has a baby coming (can't figure out what that has to do with exiting a whole lot of tasty gear?)....
I can never figure out why people sell their gear when they have kids.

It's like, 'Oh hey I'm going to busy, so I won't have time, plus I need the money . . '

Us parents know however, you need to keep the gear, so once a week you can lock up the kids and enjoy yourself for a change.
And once you sell off all your gear and have the added costs of kids, you will probably never get it back!

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

thehenderson wrote:...why's it in your car?
+1, is it a new boyracer thing? mic up the exhaust and run it through some effects before sending it to the doff doff stereo :wink: :lol: :lol:
bbrunskill wrote:I can never figure out why people sell their gear when they have kids.
i can never figure out why people have kids :wink: :P
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Ironbird13 wrote:
bbrunskill wrote:I can never figure out why people sell their gear when they have kids.
i can never figure out why people have kids :wink: :P
I think some people just decide.. "hey.. I've got far too much money, don't annoy my extended family enough with how cute a 9 lb ball of undesirable liquids is and I have far too much of a life.. I need to really change all that"
not at that stage myself.. I think DM is similar... :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass