Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 41997
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 7958 times
Been liked: 4273 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:52 am My Artist Baritone Guitar was finally shipped to me last week but there was a wiring fault. Returned back to Artist Guitars but then they said that they had no other Artist Baritone guitars in stock so they gave back a full refund.

I always wanted a baritone guitar so I was kinda bummed that I have to wait until Artist has the Baritone guitars back in stock again.

But I strung my Radian Les Paul with .12-.68 Baritone Elixir strings, tuned to Standard B and it works just like a charm! No nut or guitar saddle adjustment needed and intonation is still spot on! Very happy how it worked out and having more money in my pocket.
My 8 string from them was the same, was just a loose wire on the output jack, fixed it up myself, I tend to replace all the wiring in their guitars anyway as its usually a bit of a let down compared to the rest of the guitar!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

User avatar
jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:34 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jhyang549 »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:32 am My 8 string from them was the same, was just a loose wire on the output jack, fixed it up myself, I tend to replace all the wiring in their guitars anyway as its usually a bit of a let down compared to the rest of the guitar!
It worked all good in the end for me because I bought a 30-inch Baritone from Aria instead. I would argue that the build quality was the same but that longer scale length was really important for me.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 7554
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:14 pm
Location: South Brighton
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by foal30 »

jhyang549 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:30 am
jeremyb wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:32 am My 8 string from them was the same, was just a loose wire on the output jack, fixed it up myself, I tend to replace all the wiring in their guitars anyway as its usually a bit of a let down compared to the rest of the guitar!
It worked all good in the end for me because I bought a 30-inch Baritone from Aria instead. I would argue that the build quality was the same but that longer scale length was really important for me.
What’s the “normal” scale length for a Baritone? I’d assume bigger is better.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

User avatar
jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:34 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jhyang549 »

foal30 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:23 pm What’s the “normal” scale length for a Baritone? I’d assume bigger is better.
I would say 27 inch is the "normal" one and a lot more ergonomic to play than a 30 inch baritone. It's just that a 30 inch baritone allows me to tune 2 steps below while maintaining good string tension using Baritone gauge strings.

User avatar
MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:34 am
Location: Location Location
Been liked: 371 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by MiniForklift »

Have a set of amber bell knobs and a (s)lightly aged Faber aluminium tailpiece on the way for my LP
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

User avatar
jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:34 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jhyang549 »

Installed string butler for my radian les paul. Now I can do my baby boomer bends without going out of tune so easily
Attachments
20230811_120551.jpg
20230811_120551.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 6882 times

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 41997
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 7958 times
Been liked: 4273 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

"dp" *giggles like a school girl*
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

User avatar
NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1117 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by NippleWrestler »

Got a Boss DD500 incoming.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

User avatar
bender
Darth Fader
Posts: 11880
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Dorkland
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by bender »

I’ve got a bunch of fun stuff in the mail:

Boss RC-5 loopstation
Line 6 M5
Elektron Digitone FM synth
Make Noise 0-Coast analog synth

User avatar
StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 5243
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:41 pm
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by StratMatt »

NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:19 pm Got a Boss DD500 incoming.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
You won't regret it, excellent pedal.
Loving it so far

User avatar
NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1117 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by NippleWrestler »

StratMatt wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:00 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:19 pm Got a Boss DD500 incoming.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
You won't regret it, excellent pedal.
It's a rack unit that lives on the floor. Crazy stuff in there. You know it's serious when you have to update the firmware via laptop.

My only gripe is the volume boost on the looper. The thing you record comes out 10% louder than it went in, and is then louder than what you're playing over it.

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8910
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 1130 times
Been liked: 1456 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by robthemac »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:47 am
My only gripe is the volume boost on the looper. The thing you record comes out 10% louder than it went in, and is then louder than what you're playing over it.
Surely that's adjustable somewhere? Even my old RC-30 has loop level control...
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1117 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by NippleWrestler »

robthemac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:06 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:47 am
My only gripe is the volume boost on the looper. The thing you record comes out 10% louder than it went in, and is then louder than what you're playing over it.
Surely that's adjustable somewhere? Even my old RC-30 has loop level control...
Presumably but not on the face of the pedal that my tinkering has revealed.

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8910
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 1130 times
Been liked: 1456 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by robthemac »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:39 am
robthemac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:06 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:47 am
My only gripe is the volume boost on the looper. The thing you record comes out 10% louder than it went in, and is then louder than what you're playing over it.
Surely that's adjustable somewhere? Even my old RC-30 has loop level control...
Presumably but not on the face of the pedal that my tinkering has revealed.
Yeah the 500 series pedals have so much adjustment hidden in menus. I feel like I've only scratched the depths of the MD-500 after six months.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1117 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by NippleWrestler »

robthemac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:45 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:39 am
robthemac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:06 am

Surely that's adjustable somewhere? Even my old RC-30 has loop level control...
Presumably but not on the face of the pedal that my tinkering has revealed.
Yeah the 500 series pedals have so much adjustment hidden in menus. I feel like I've only scratched the depths of the MD-500 after six months.
Boss doesn't help very much in that regard. Even hooking it up to the laptop is confusing as you're just faced with parameters that have no explanation, just a slider. They really need a better UI team.

Post Reply