Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by hamo »

Mr Davison wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 am Completely & utterly not guitar related but this may hold some form of nostalgia for the British folk on here?
Pick up my Judge Dredd pin next week!
I am now on a self imposed trademe ban.
Screenshot_2022-08-04-20-38-52-19_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg
I can't help feeling like I've played one of these, but I can't remember where, although it would have been a while ago.

Semi-related: I can't believe there's no Dredd Netflix series. Seems like an absolute no brainer.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I definitely have, and probably the jurassic park one too...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:52 am Semi-related: I can't believe there's no Dredd Netflix series. Seems like an absolute no brainer.
Pretty much how I'd describe Sly Stallone in the Judge Dredd movie! :rofl:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:14 pm
hamo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:52 am Semi-related: I can't believe there's no Dredd Netflix series. Seems like an absolute no brainer.
Pretty much how I'd describe Sly Stallone in the Judge Dredd movie! :rofl:
to be fair, he wasn't the lowest common denominator, and I'm not talking about Sandy.

Fucking Rob Schneider will always drag everything down to his fucked up level of obscurity.

Going to watch Alex Garlands Dredd tonight, to make up for the memory of Schneiders bullshit. I thought it was damn good, Karl Urban made a great Dredd.

Reminds me I need to re-watch Doom again, another nice empty brain movie for a friday night...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

hamo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:52 am
Mr Davison wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 am Completely & utterly not guitar related but this may hold some form of nostalgia for the British folk on here?
I can't help feeling like I've played one of these, but I can't remember where, although it would have been a while ago.

Semi-related: I can't believe there's no Dredd Netflix series. Seems like an absolute no brainer.
Definitely a few Dredd pins in NZ. It was released in 1993 & pinball was having a big spike in popularity with some great titles being released around this time; Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Dr Who, Terminator 2. It was around this time I started playing pinball & ever since I've been incapable of walking past a pin without having a crack.
Addams Family & Twilight Zone are considered holy grail games in the pin world with a clean example of each fetching around 20k-25k in NZ. That's 3 to 4 times the price of other titles from that period & up to twice the price of a new machine.
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

Bg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:19 pm Karl Urban made a great Dredd.
I agree, would like to see him reprise the role with some Deadworld element from the comics
Sonic mayhem unleashed

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

Mr Davison wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:08 pm
Completely & utterly not guitar related but this may hold some form of nostalgia for the British folk on here?
Hey bro, Im a pretty big Dredd fan, huge 2000AD fan. ABC Warriors, Nemesix, Strontinium Dog, Rogue Trooper, Chopper! etc etc.

Have slowly been gabbing old comics now and then, have Issue 3 and 7 of 2000AD and a handful of early dredd. Will be on the hunt for the 'Apocolypse War' Episodes in the near future. Too much on at present.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I bought the first issue when new, continued for years. They sadly went in the bin..... oh and Marvels Star Wars comics. Shitting hell...

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

Bg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:18 pm I bought the first issue when new, continued for years. They sadly went in the bin..... oh and Marvels Star Wars comics. Shitting hell...
Yeah early were cheap paper like Oink and Eagle etc.

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

Bg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:18 pm I bought the first issue when new, continued for years. They sadly went in the bin..... oh and Marvels Star Wars comics. Shitting hell...
Remember as a kid going to the second hand bookstore with mum, she'd be updating her mills & boon collection & I was allowed a comic. They usually had a selection of star wars, commando, 2000ad & a couple of Cor! annuals. Mine also met with a fateful bin funeral!
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

too many awesome comics went to landfill, but thats why the price is mental nowadays.

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

And let's not mention my old star wars figures that suffered brutal viking funerals at the hands of guy Fawkes 😃 crazy money nowadays also!!
No regrets tho, still remember fondly launching them back into space where they were meant to be or blowing their limbs off courtesy of Tom thumbs & double happy's. So good.
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Mr Davison wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:49 pm
Remember as a kid going to the second hand bookstore with mum, she'd be updating her mills & boon collection & I was allowed a comic. They usually had a selection of star wars, commando, 2000ad & a couple of Cor! annuals. Mine also met with a fateful bin funeral!
Same here I had hundreds of comics
Wow
Whizzer and Chips
Whoope and Wow

Actually still a member of the Beano fanclub
:mental:

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

I've got loads of CDs, DVDs, a few book cases of books, was never much on the comics front, but a few old starwars toys, some old transformers toys, and a few modern ones (like 90s) from x-files and tombraider. Every now and then Im browsing trademe for the vintage luke, han and leia toys that I coveted as a kid.

So some unwelcome wisdom from the whole put your life in a storage unit while selling your house thing.

Honestly I miss none of it, and havent had any desire to clutter the house back up now that the marketing bit is done. I've brought a few of my guitars back in, and at some point will need to dig around to find a guitar lead as well :oops: , but all the other stuff was doing nothing to make me happier and the clutter was doing a lot to stress me out.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Mr Davison wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:08 pm
hamo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:52 am

Definitely a few Dredd pins in NZ. It was released in 1993 & pinball was having a big spike in popularity with some great titles being released around this time; Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Dr Who, Terminator 2. It was around this time I started playing pinball & ever since I've been incapable of walking past a pin without having a crack.
Addams Family & Twilight Zone are considered holy grail games in the pin world with a clean example of each fetching around 20k-25k in NZ. That's 3 to 4 times the price of other titles from that period & up to twice the price of a new machine.
I started uni in 94 and that's where I discovered pinball. Twilight Zone and Addams Family in the student union I believe, and Fish Tales. Then the arcade near work with Demolition Man (the one Sly movie even Rob Schneider couldn't ruin Beeg!), and Star Trek TNG.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster