Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by StratMatt »

Takes all kinds, eh? It must be on the way, if he was gonna rip me off he would have just blocked me I reckon.

Dibs on the 65 Jim :wink:
Loving it so far

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

Mini Forklift wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:01 am You can put tracking on it for $1, can’t see why you wouldn’t

Sounds like it should be a good match with the R8... which is currently on the way to GrantB for a refret
I have a Grantb refret. You are doing a Very Good Thing. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:01 am Sounds like it should be a good match with the R8... which is currently on the way to GrantB for a refret
Your wife was right about stopping you drinking, WTF????
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bigdaddy
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bigdaddy »

Mini Forklift wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:01 am You can put tracking on it for $1, can’t see why you wouldn’t

In keeping with the theme of the thread I’m rather looking forward to getting the 65 Amps London Pro head from Molly. Probably next month sometime, once I’ve paid him and sort out a date when he’s next in Chch. Sounds like it should be a good match with the R8... which is currently on the way to GrantB for a refret
+1 on the GrantB refret. Grant's re-fretted 3 of my guitars and they all play beautifully. Are you using the Stew Mac #0154 frets for the R8? Grant recommended that fret size for my ES-175 and transformed it.
"Have tone issues with all the options available today? practice more...." -John Suhr

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

tracking is really only useful as a reciept or proof that something has been sent.I always do it as it indemnifies me if something fishy happens in the interim.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

StratMatt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:45 am Dibs on the 65 Jim :wink:
Noted :)

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bigdaddy wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am +1 on the GrantB refret. Grant's re-fretted 3 of my guitars and they all play beautifully. Are you using the Stew Mac #0154 frets for the R8? Grant recommended that fret size for my ES-175 and transformed it.
Yeah, he did my Strat earlier this year and it's never played better :thumbup:

Not exactly sure what the wire is that he's using for the R8, he did send me a photo and it is Stew Mac. It's what Grant would use for an R9 refret, I can see that it says:

Width .100"
Crown .050"
Tang .060"

Might be getting a new bone nut too, expecting him to have it by the end of the week so I'll know more next week

Bigdaddy
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bigdaddy »

That's the fret Grant used on the 175. Fast becoming my favourite fret size for Gibson scale guitars. Just ordered the Jescar EVO Gold version of that size for a re-fret of an Ibanez GB10.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with that choice.
"Have tone issues with all the options available today? practice more...." -John Suhr

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Ordered some strings from Just Strings and they were posted 26 March, emailed them a few weeks back to say they hadn't arrived and they said that mail is not insured. Lo and behold they turned up yesterday :crazy:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

El Cap turned up today thankfully. Might let him know sometime next week. Maybe...
Loving it so far

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Orange Terror Rocker 15 head, time to try tubes over digital. :lol:

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

Ordered a Bias Spark last week. Get an email this morning saying they think they'll have them all posted by middle of August, so that's titty city!
Gonna get me an FM3 too. The headphone jack model is shipping soon. Been pretty impressed with the toanz online.
I love tubes but the practicality, reliability and versatility gets buried by the top modelers, especially for live players. I'm actually hoping it'll kill me amp gas!

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

Nice. My AX8 killed all pedal and amp gas for about 4 or 5 years, seems to be coming back now though :lol:

So many guys are making amp-less boards now with the HX Stomp at the heart of it. I haven't really looked into the FM3 yet but I'm sure it'd be excellent.
Loving it so far

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

Yeah I was very close to going the Synergy/Randall module route.. but can just see myself tweaking the circuits on them endlessly trying to get them perfect, might as well do it digitally eh.
Been using an Atomic Amplifire live lately and am very impressed with it.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

griff7628 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:00 pm Ordered a Bias Spark last week. Get an email this morning saying they think they'll have them all posted by middle of August, so that's titty city!
Gonna get me an FM3 too. The headphone jack model is shipping soon. Been pretty impressed with the toanz online.
I love tubes but the practicality, reliability and versatility gets buried by the top modelers, especially for live players. I'm actually hoping it'll kill me amp gas!
Awesome, just found that email too, I'm really looking forward to my one arriving!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.