Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:36 am
jeremyb wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:03 pm Just accidentally an Ibanez WH10V3, I really need to stop spending money....
Universe is trying to tell me something, Sweetwater rep has emailed me saying they can't ship it outside the US... well I would have bought locally if there was any stock anywhere in NZ, or asia pacific even...
Lets see if Thomann will ship one to me :lol: :clap:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

k1w1 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:48 pm After missing out on the Harmony archtop I decided on plan 2 for the Christmas guitar, this will be winging it's way to me, has had good reviews and is a little outside the square, hoping for something a little different. Squier Starcaster. :P

Imagestarcaster by Laurie Franks, on Flickr
Out of curiosity, how much did this cost you total getting it through Sweetwater?

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

$608 including Cali sales tax to get to California. Probably another $100 shipping to here and GST on top if it gets caught.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:11 am
jeremyb wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:36 am
jeremyb wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:03 pm Just accidentally an Ibanez WH10V3, I really need to stop spending money....
Universe is trying to tell me something, Sweetwater rep has emailed me saying they can't ship it outside the US... well I would have bought locally if there was any stock anywhere in NZ, or asia pacific even...
Lets see if Thomann will ship one to me :lol: :clap:
And thats a yes! Its on its way :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

2020 version hotcake courtesy of https://signalchain.com.au/ :mrgreen: bit sad when you can buy a kiwi made pedal cheaper in australia...

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

V30 & G12H30 for the new cab.

quyet
Gibson
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by quyet »

I got some pickups sent from Perth in Aus. Express service by Aus post. Anyway I got given the wrong tracking number by accident, so I've followed both parcels... mine is still 'In Perth', assume its sitting in Auckland airport yet to be scanned into the system, while the other has gone through France, Germany and is now being delivered to its destination in Sweden in the same time. Yep

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

quyet wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:38 pm I got some pickups sent from Perth in Aus. Express service by Aus post. Anyway I got given the wrong tracking number by accident, so I've followed both parcels... mine is still 'In Perth', assume its sitting in Auckland airport yet to be scanned into the system, while the other has gone through France, Germany and is now being delivered to its destination in Sweden in the same time. Yep
Huge backlogs on freight into NZ and to keep stock coming in, a lot is being put on airfreight. So really limited capacity and backlogs on airfreight. Most likely commercial getting priority...

Capacity on export out of NZ/AU probably decent though, as the freighters coming in need to return.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

HackSaw wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:10 am
quyet wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:38 pm I got some pickups sent from Perth in Aus. Express service by Aus post. Anyway I got given the wrong tracking number by accident, so I've followed both parcels... mine is still 'In Perth', assume its sitting in Auckland airport yet to be scanned into the system, while the other has gone through France, Germany and is now being delivered to its destination in Sweden in the same time. Yep
Huge backlogs on freight into NZ and to keep stock coming in, a lot is being put on airfreight. So really limited capacity and backlogs on airfreight. Most likely commercial getting priority...

Capacity on export out of NZ/AU probably decent though, as the freighters coming in need to return.
Not sure about their priority order, to be honest. I have a parcel from Orcon coming from Auckland on Courier Post. It was lightning fast, only slowed down by a day because I redirected it. My guitar, also on Courier Post, is taking for-bloody-ever to get here from Auckland.

I can well believe things are piling up. I think retailers are feeling the pinch too. A lot of them have delayed stock delivery after big Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Doesn't stop me pouting and stamping my feet like a petulant child though.

quyet
Gibson
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by quyet »

Just reminding you all I still exist like my so-called tracking likes to do :yawn:
Attachments
20201218_150430.jpg
20201218_150430.jpg (77.85 KiB) Viewed 2180 times

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

:mental:
Attachments
131908232_10158783909183605_5077472287210116621_n.jpg
131908232_10158783909183605_5077472287210116621_n.jpg (42.31 KiB) Viewed 2158 times

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1208 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I've had PTSD for two weeks, Parcel Tracking Stress Disorder.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jubbathehog
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by jubbathehog »

Ordered this baby for a bargain price on a demo sale at Sweetwater, a D’angelico excel DC. Got it shipped to myus.com, but have just had an email saying “We received a package for you today from Sweetwater that appears to contain an animal or plant product. This item is under review by our export compliance team, and may require additional export documents and a declaration fee, to be shipped internationally.” Suddenly my bargain guitar baint looking like such a bargain no more.
I think it’s the mother of pearl inlays that they have to pay a licence fee to export from the US. Seems weird when the guitar is made in a Korea.
Lesson learned.

https://media.sweetwater.com/api/i/ha-1 ... xlarge.jpg

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

That’s a beautiful guitar though
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 653 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

BBE Tremor in a trade with crowbgood1, iPhone to replace the old one I broke on Christmas Day, iPhone case and a fancy wireless charger for the car. Somewhat looking forward to a brand new phone, I’ve always bought old ones before