Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Reg18 »

Got one of these coming from Livesound, Eminence GA-SC64. if Internet hype is to believed this is a great upgrade for most old Fenders. It will either go in my Proreverb or my newly built 2x12. Also got a couple of JBL E120 speakers on the way too. Although they are free from my brother and not technically in the mail......Mums dropping them off! So I’ll have 2x Utah speakers (original in Proreverb) 2 x JBL E120, 1 x Eminence GA-SC64 and 1 x Fender branded speaker out of 90s SS amp. I might need to try a few combinations over the next few weeks!
Attachments
7601246D-D585-4528-81E6-B17706F3D522.jpeg
7601246D-D585-4528-81E6-B17706F3D522.jpeg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Mattress5 »

Reg18 wrote:Got one of these coming from Livesound, Eminence GA-SC64. if Internet hype is to believed this is a great upgrade for most old Fenders. It will either go in my Proreverb or my newly built 2x12. Also got a couple of JBL E120 speakers on the way too. Although they are free from my brother and not technically in the mail......Mums dropping them off! So I’ll have 2x Utah speakers (original in Proreverb) 2 x JBL E120, 1 x Eminence GA-SC64 and 1 x Fender branded speaker out of 90s SS amp. I might need to try a few combinations over the next few weeks!
Have one in my Deluxe Reverb (which I’m selling) and it sounds great.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mattress5 wrote:
Have one in my Deluxe Reverb (which I’m selling) and it sounds great.
Why you selling? I just bought one and I love it. Keeping my A-Type Celestion to try in it.

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Mattress5 »

I’m selling off the majority of my gear. I’ve spent so much money on stuff that I don’t use that I’m trying to get down to just a couple of things. The DR sounds great but I hardly use it as I just play at home.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

One of these is heading my way. :D

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

sunburster wrote:One of these is heading my way. :D

Cool. Bought it new? I looked at one recently and the NZ/US $ just killed the idea.

sunburster
Squier

Post by sunburster »

I bought it new from Music Machine. They have them on sale for $1919 right now ($2399 RRP).

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

sunburster wrote:I bought it new from Music Machine. They have them on sale for $1919 right now ($2399 RRP).
That's good, eh? Pity I'm now broke. :-(

sunburster
Squier

Post by sunburster »

Got it today! Here it is next to my JC-22.

Fiddled around with it for about a half hour and wow, this one is a keeper! Sounds so full and lush. Just like a real Twin! The built-in attenuator on the back is so useful for playing at home. Knock it down to 1 Watt and jack the volume up to 10 and you can get Twin Reverb tube crunch without bursting your eardrums. Half the weight of a tube Twin so it's easy to carry around.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Eleven Rack. Excited about having a play with modelling and getting good sounds in headphones.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Molly wrote: That's good, eh? Pity I'm now broke. :-(
You have that Deluxe Reverb though. Unless you've flung it away already... I'd take the DR over the Tone Master, me.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Starfire wrote:
You have that Deluxe Reverb though. Unless you've flung it away already... I'd take the DR over the Tone Master, me.
I remembered hearing a YouTube blind comparison of Tone Master DR vs Reissue. Bugger me... I actually preferred the TM!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

codedog wrote:
Starfire wrote:
I remembered hearing a YouTube blind comparison of Tone Master DR vs Reissue. Bugger me... I actually preferred the TM!
I'm genuinely happy with the DR. Using The Dude for a bit of dirt it sounds great. Mostly I really like how it feels - just feels easy and forgiving.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

I now know how my kids feel waiting for Christmas or their Birthdays! I ordered an Infinity 2 Looper from a US store which shipped exactly a month ago and still no sign of it, I suspect it may have left the US on 30th May but since it's coming by USPS I have no real idea. I'd been hoping it would have arrived in time for my birthday which was 2 weeks ago.

So much for using it to help with my practice during lockdown, at this rate the UK will be out of lockdown by the time it arrives ;)

sunburster
Squier

Post by sunburster »

codedog wrote:
Starfire wrote:
Yeah, I think the TM Twin sounds a bit better than the Reissue, but they are so close that it's kind of a non-issue, really. I often played a friend's Twin back in the 90s and this Tone Master is just the same sound. I don't think anyone could play one blind and tell if it's a tube or not, it's that close. The extra features on the Tone Masters easily make them better in my book -- as well as not having to worry about changing tubes -- regardless of any very minuscule differences in sound.

For me, I couldn't find a reason to get a TM Deluxe over a TM Twin because the Twin sounds much fuller with the two speakers and you can get excellent low volume sounds out of it as well. The TM Deluxe is a little cheaper, but eh, if you're going to go for it go all the way. :thumbup: