Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1039 times
Been liked: 2535 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Slowy »

Dharmajester wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:11 pm

One of these on the way. Will be eye wateringly expensive by the time it lands but hey life's short so wtf.....

Bit baffled by the Beach Boys association though :crazy:
Indeed, it's pure Floyd.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

Dharmajester wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:11 pm

One of these on the way. Will be eye wateringly expensive by the time it lands but hey life's short so wtf.....

Bit baffled by the Beach Boys association though :crazy:
That leslie thing does sound lovely...as for beach boys?...grey haired quim with a baseball cap?...thats all I'm saying...
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 782 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by Miza »

I get around... like a rotary speaker??
Nothing to see here.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1124 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Finally found an EH Small Clone for a non-ridiculous price ($110). I've been on the prowl for one of these for a few years but the market went a bit nuts over these for a while.

It's old, crusty, dusty, probably smelly. Should be fun.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 8057 times
Been liked: 4299 times

Post by jeremyb »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:39 am Finally found an EH Small Clone for a non-ridiculous price ($110). I've been on the prowl for one of these for a few years but the market went a bit nuts over these for a while.

It's old, crusty, dusty, probably smelly. Should be fun.
Nice, love me some chorus!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1681 times
Been liked: 1336 times

Post by Jay »

Ordered 7m of medium jumbo fretwire from NZ Guitar Parts last Sunday. Got here yesterday. Let the fretting begin :D

A few side notes:
They now only stock 3 different types of fretwire. Used to be many in the past.

And when comparing prices with Allparts, Stewmac and AP in the USA, (incl shipping), they were considerably lower priced.

I don't like their 25cm cut lengths. When requesting longer lengths, ie, 50cm, they didn't respond.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1402 times
Been liked: 2165 times

Post by GrantB »

Jay wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:26 am Ordered 7m of medium jumbo fretwire from NZ Guitar Parts last Sunday. Got here yesterday. Let the fretting begin :D

A few side notes:
They now only stock 3 different types of fretwire. Used to be many in the past.

And when comparing prices with Allparts, Stewmac and AP in the USA, (incl shipping), they were considerably lower priced.

I don't like their 25cm cut lengths. When requesting longer lengths, ie, 50cm, they didn't respond.
Agree - 25cm is a silly length. Probably more to be convenient to ship rather than for the customer to use :roll:
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 693 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by TmcB »

Yeah, it’s kinda gone down hill. Everything seems out of stock and the prices aren’t great, and the shipping is annoying since it’s oz based. Still go there but used to be spectacular
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1681 times
Been liked: 1336 times

Post by Jay »

TmcB wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:15 pm Yeah, it’s kinda gone down hill. Everything seems out of stock and the prices aren’t great, and the shipping is annoying since it’s oz based. Still go there but used to be spectacular
Just saying, fretwire was way cheaper and shipping nzd12. Ordering from the usa would have been double the price. But yeah, can't say too much about their other parts
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 693 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by TmcB »

Jay wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:44 pm
TmcB wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:15 pm Yeah, it’s kinda gone down hill. Everything seems out of stock and the prices aren’t great, and the shipping is annoying since it’s oz based. Still go there but used to be spectacular
Just saying, fretwire was way cheaper and shipping nzd12. Ordering from the usa would have been double the price. But yeah, can't say too much about their other parts
Ah, misread you – I thought you were saying the price was worse. Good to see the local(ish) being a better value in that case
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

1am in the morning and still dithering over what guitar I should buy.

I settled on the Explorer and just pulled the trigger. A bit scary.

I have wanted one since the 1980s, but always ended up with something else. Ishibashi in Japan. 2017, but it looks decent enough. Explorers are proven riff machines and Gary Moore proved they are good for shredding too.

It has the 500T and 496R hot ceramic pups. I had those before. I really like them. Fun pups. My current fav is a Super Distortion though. I like the way the mids are strong, but the highs are tapered off a tad. That makes them really sing when using overdrive, instead of sounding shrill.

I really liked a Jackson USA Soloist they have. It is gorgeous and the first blue guitar I have ever liked the look of. I decided it would not get played much. I always gravitate to the shorter Gibson scale length. I am just so used it that trying to play 25.5 necks feels a bit like trying to speak a foreign lingo :D

Pic is of the actual guitar. It's red, so should be a tad faster :D :
Attachments
xfauyomjxjkz9zf4ohkf.jpg
xfauyomjxjkz9zf4ohkf.jpg (81.8 KiB) Viewed 188 times

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 8057 times
Been liked: 4299 times

Post by jeremyb »

Lovely!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 829 times

Post by hamo »

Oh man that's nice
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

hamo wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:02 am Oh man that's nice
I think so, but they are not everybody's cuppa tea. With shipping and taxes it will still work out cheaper than the lesser model on Trade Me I was considering. I already have the GST customs number thingy from importing the Power Station, so it should be simple enough. Then I'll be broke again looking at $100 overdrive pedals on TM that have Afterpay as an option :D

P.S. 2017 was the height of the fuss over Gibson QA issues. Let's see if it was a thing, or an internet storm in a tea cup. I suspect it;s going to just fine. 8)

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Aquila Rossa wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:51 am 1am in the morning and still dithering over what guitar I should buy.

I settled on the Explorer and just pulled the trigger. A bit scary.

I have wanted one since the 1980s, but always ended up with something else. Ishibashi in Japan. 2017, but it looks decent enough. Explorers are proven riff machines and Gary Moore proved they are good for shredding too.

It has the 500T and 496R hot ceramic pups. I had those before. I really like them. Fun pups. My current fav is a Super Distortion though. I like the way the mids are strong, but the highs are tapered off a tad. That makes them really sing when using overdrive, instead of sounding shrill.

I really liked a Jackson USA Soloist they have. It is gorgeous and the first blue guitar I have ever liked the look of. I decided it would not get played much. I always gravitate to the shorter Gibson scale length. I am just so used it that trying to play 25.5 necks feels a bit like trying to speak a foreign lingo :D

Pic is of the actual guitar. It's red, so should be a tad faster :D :
That is a very nice example, good decision!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."