What are you gassing for?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8898
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 993 times
Contact:

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Conway »

mr_sooty wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:49 am
Conway wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:30 am
I happen to have a Goldtop with P90s currently in transit from the US. :wink:
Which model man?
Les Paul Standard '50s P-90 - Gold Top.
http://www.guitarsrock.co.nz - Now selling Monarch Pedals and Divine Noise cables.

Wairarapajack
SX
SX
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:59 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Wairarapajack »

Alongside other things, I'm kind of GASsing for an EHX Freeze. They look interesting, and I was thinking I could hit a chord and freeze it for a couple of bars while noodling over the top. Similar use to a looper, I guess, but more on-the-fly.

I've not had a chance to test one out though. Anyone tried one?

User avatar
Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:52 pm
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Michael »

That GigRig G3 looks a bit tasty..

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15527
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 1595 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Slowy »

Possibly some Jazzmaster. :think:
"Consider the A note, 440 cycles.
Multiply 440 by 10 to the 23rd power times Planck's constant and what you get is the colour Green."
Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter.

User avatar
Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 5417
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:04 pm
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 758 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Olderama »

Emg equipped floyd shredder
Wolfgang stealth
:mental:

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 27190
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4158 times
Been liked: 2158 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by jeremyb »

Wairarapajack wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:15 pm
Alongside other things, I'm kind of GASsing for an EHX Freeze. They look interesting, and I was thinking I could hit a chord and freeze it for a couple of bars while noodling over the top. Similar use to a looper, I guess, but more on-the-fly.

I've not had a chance to test one out though. Anyone tried one?
Freeze is cool, great for ambient stuff, nice to have latch mode and momentary, kinda miss my one....

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15527
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 1595 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:49 pm
Wairarapajack wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:15 pm
Alongside other things, I'm kind of GASsing for an EHX Freeze. They look interesting, and I was thinking I could hit a chord and freeze it for a couple of bars while noodling over the top. Similar use to a looper, I guess, but more on-the-fly.

I've not had a chance to test one out though. Anyone tried one?
Freeze is cool, great for ambient stuff, nice to have latch mode and momentary, kinda miss my one....
Wot Jb said. I regret selling mine too.
"Consider the A note, 440 cycles.
Multiply 440 by 10 to the 23rd power times Planck's constant and what you get is the colour Green."
Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter.

User avatar
Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Wellington
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 272 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Starfire »

Slowy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 pm
Possibly some Jazzmaster. :think:
Details plz.

User avatar
werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 am
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 285 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by werdna »

Tele, cream binding, gloss black, Wolfgang neck profile, elegant but a playing guitar.

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15527
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 1595 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Slowy »

Starfire wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am
Slowy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 pm
Possibly some Jazzmaster. :think:
Details plz.
I have a visiting Jazzmaster; first one I've ever spent time with. It has some impressive qualities.
Given my preference for Teles, this is looking really interesting:
fender-jazz-tele-parallel-universe@800x320.jpg
fender-jazz-tele-parallel-universe@800x320.jpg (89.91 KiB) Viewed 171 times
"Consider the A note, 440 cycles.
Multiply 440 by 10 to the 23rd power times Planck's constant and what you get is the colour Green."
Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter.

User avatar
Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Wellington
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 272 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Starfire »

Slowy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 am


I have a visiting Jazzmaster; first one I've ever spent time with. It has some impressive qualities.
What flavour?

User avatar
kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:28 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 647 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by kdawg2a »

Slowy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 am
Starfire wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am
Slowy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 pm
Possibly some Jazzmaster. :think:
Details plz.
I have a visiting Jazzmaster; first one I've ever spent time with. It has some impressive qualities.
Given my preference for Teles, this is looking really interesting:

fender-jazz-tele-parallel-universe@800x320.jpg
Dude, if I was still in nz, I could smash out the bones of this for you in no time...
:wave:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15906
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 481 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by hamo »

Slowy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 am
Starfire wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am
Slowy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 pm
Possibly some Jazzmaster. :think:
Details plz.
I have a visiting Jazzmaster; first one I've ever spent time with. It has some impressive qualities.
Given my preference for Teles, this is looking really interesting:

fender-jazz-tele-parallel-universe@800x320.jpg
"Interesting" in the way that I tell my kids their drawings are interesting maybe...
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15527
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 1595 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Slowy »

kdawg2a wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm
Slowy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 am
Starfire wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am


Details plz.
I have a visiting Jazzmaster; first one I've ever spent time with. It has some impressive qualities.
Given my preference for Teles, this is looking really interesting:

fender-jazz-tele-parallel-universe@800x320.jpg
Dude, if I was still in nz, I could smash out the bones of this for you in no time...
Yeah mate, so could I but tyre kicking's fun eh?
Have given some thought to a build.
"Consider the A note, 440 cycles.
Multiply 440 by 10 to the 23rd power times Planck's constant and what you get is the colour Green."
Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter.

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15527
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 1595 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Slowy »

Starfire wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:12 pm
Slowy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 am


I have a visiting Jazzmaster; first one I've ever spent time with. It has some impressive qualities.
What flavour?
MJT tatty black.
"Consider the A note, 440 cycles.
Multiply 440 by 10 to the 23rd power times Planck's constant and what you get is the colour Green."
Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter.

Post Reply