Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Slowy
Molly wrote:
Slowy wrote:Believe it or not, that Manzer is quite a bargain. Especially when compared with something by James Taylor's guitar builder.

https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/2017-olson-40th-anniversary-sj-cutaway-brazilian-rosewood-cedar-1563.html

I read the story of how James Taylor came to be playing his guitars. He sneaked one into Taylor's hotel room. I just hope he was paid for it. I'd hate to think someone would do all that work and a guy that could afford the guitar didn't have to pay for it.

Crazy expensive though. :-(

To be fair, Olson's artistry is on a plane of its own:
7Koa-1523.jpg
7Koa-1523.jpg (69.67 KiB) Viewed 872 times

1523.jpg
1523.jpg (89.71 KiB) Viewed 872 times
BY sizzlingbadger
I really like the look of these...

The cheapest one in Blue would be my choice.

Last edited by sizzlingbadger on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY Olderama
Molly wrote:
MattH wrote:I've got all this nice gear in my man cave and yet all I want is to go and hang out with some mates. Play some music, moan about work, generally waste time kind of thing.

The house is OK, and I love my bubble, but I'm living in Oestrogen Manor at the moment...

Getting harder to fill the days. Mother-in-law is still here as she hasn't been able to transit through Singapore. It's like a perfect-storm of FFS.

I might remove a brick fireplace today.

Even better remove it then brick it back up
With her behind it :thumbup:
BY Terexgeek
Olderama wrote:
Molly wrote:
MattH wrote:I've got all this nice gear in my man cave and yet all I want is to go and hang out with some mates. Play some music, moan about work, generally waste time kind of thing.

The house is OK, and I love my bubble, but I'm living in Oestrogen Manor at the moment...

Getting harder to fill the days. Mother-in-law is still here as she hasn't been able to transit through Singapore. It's like a perfect-storm of FFS.

I might remove a brick fireplace today.

Even better remove it then brick it back up
With her behind it :thumbup:

I was wondering if "removing a brick fireplace" was a euphemism.
BY hamo

My man cave is a joke, means I have less impetus to play. On the upside, had a zoom beersies session with the lads on Sunday arvo, that was a sanity saver.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Have an early 2000's Fulltone Ultimate Octave Fuzz pedal coming my way, also a Tumnus Deluxe. Looking forward to lockdown being lifted so I can fill in the gaps on my pedalboard

Badly gassing for a suitably old and smelly looking Strat, but it's gonna have to wait until I hit my next round of bonuses

BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Have an early 2000's Fulltone Ultimate Octave Fuzz pedal coming my way, also a Tumnus Deluxe. Looking forward to lockdown being lifted so I can fill in the gaps on my pedalboard

Badly gassing for a suitably old and smelly looking Strat, but it's gonna have to wait until I hit my next round of bonuses

I'm hoping to have another Strat heading my way before too long. Separate to that I'm back on Stratosphere contemplating a partscaster. Spendy though.
BY StratMatt
I'm getting a bit of ash from Kerry Truscott for a new tele body after the lockdown. Just been checking out necks on Warmoth and Stratosphere, might wait til the NZ$ is a bit more favourable.
BY ChAoZ
A router bit, apparently not an "essential" item - if only I had a Bunnings account :( , I have different GAS to normal people
Attachments
91973795_2670677316497488_2073914543301459968_n.png
91973795_2670677316497488_2073914543301459968_n.png (234.71 KiB) Viewed 613 times
BY jeremyb
I have exactly that router bit! Not helpful I know, but only reasonably priced top bearing bit I could find!
BY ChAoZ
jeremyb wrote:I have exactly that router bit! Not helpful I know, but only reasonably priced top bearing bit I could find!

I've just worn out my 3rd one but they get through a ton of work, great bits for the price - made in Italy
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Have been watching a few demo's of this as I'm after a new OD pedal

I was leaning towards a Tumnus Deluxe but... think I could very well be hitting up Matt from ToneLounge for this once the lockdown is over :thumbup: