What are you gassing for?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 26435
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 3737 times
Been liked: 1978 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by jeremyb »

They don't have them on the site yet but as soon as they do....

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 434 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
willow13 wrote:
:rofl: yah I went into the rockshop K'rd yesterday "just to see" if they had them yet ... the guy said they didn't but he "had seen a video online about them coming out soon" :roll: ... god I love retail staff
PM or message Dave, he'll know. Also hassle Ed that the rest of the world had stock ready and waiting on the release date. Of course he will remind us that we live in a beautiful country that is worth less than three fifths of fuck all in terms of music sales, and costs shitloads more to serve, but it's worth a try! :wink:
Dave already pmd me about my one for sale and I told him I'm after one, I didn't ask about dates yet :)
You don't need to ask Dave for a date, he'll skip straight to adult fun times for you JB.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 434 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by hamo »

willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Selling gear it's great for gas, katana mk II head and Harley Benton vertical 2x12 on the shopping list!
:rofl: yah I went into the rockshop K'rd yesterday "just to see" if they had them yet ... the guy said they didn't but he "had seen a video online about them coming out soon" :roll: ... god I love retail staff
At least they acknowledged your existence. Couldn't even get that out of the Wellington lot. :roll:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

User avatar
Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 1332 times
Been liked: 434 times
Contact:

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Terexgeek »

hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Selling gear it's great for gas, katana mk II head and Harley Benton vertical 2x12 on the shopping list!
:rofl: yah I went into the rockshop K'rd yesterday "just to see" if they had them yet ... the guy said they didn't but he "had seen a video online about them coming out soon" :roll: ... god I love retail staff
At least they acknowledged your existence. Couldn't even get that out of the Wellington lot. :roll:
You can't just go around expecting the steam from anyone's piss you know.
Tin Awesome Random Samick Experience!!

User avatar
Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 1332 times
Been liked: 434 times
Contact:

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Terexgeek »

Actually the Christchurch Rockshop is probably the best in the country, you can wander into the office and have a korero with Dave or just wander around and have friendly greetings from pretty much any of the team. It's really funny when you ask one of the younger team members a question they can't answer, no matter how casually you ask it they'll chase down an answer for you ASAP, and be really mortified they didn't know.
Be careful though, there's a few shredders there, if you show the slightest interest in a shred stick and you will get a chance to play every shred stick in the store and your every comment will precipitate more instruments and gear appearing for you to try.
If they don't have it, they will bring it in for you to try, with a great deal of enthusiasm too.
I just wish they sold Yamaha and Ibanez.
Tin Awesome Random Samick Experience!!

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:39 am
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by mrmofo »

Eden bass head and small cab. mmmm that would be epic.

I bought a proper bass on the weekend. gonna start looking for a jazz band. let me know if anyone in aucks is looking

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 434 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by hamo »

Terexgeek wrote:Actually the Christchurch Rockshop is probably the best in the country, you can wander into the office and have a korero with Dave or just wander around and have friendly greetings from pretty much any of the team. It's really funny when you ask one of the younger team members a question they can't answer, no matter how casually you ask it they'll chase down an answer for you ASAP, and be really mortified they didn't know.
Be careful though, there's a few shredders there, if you show the slightest interest in a shred stick and you will get a chance to play every shred stick in the store and your every comment will precipitate more instruments and gear appearing for you to try.
If they don't have it, they will bring it in for you to try, with a great deal of enthusiasm too.
I just wish they sold Yamaha and Ibanez.
I shouldn't lump all of them in with my recent experiences, I've had great service in the past. Also the last time I was in the Wgtn store there was a woman working there who appeared to be doing everything while the blokes pottered round doing fuck knows what. At least, until one of their mates came in and they had a gasbag before hooking him up with a guitar to play. Who knows, he may have even been buying.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm
Location: Wellywood
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 129 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Candeevr4 »

hamo wrote:I shouldn't lump all of them in with my recent experiences, I've had great service in the past. Also the last time I was in the Wgtn store there was a woman working there who appeared to be doing everything while the blokes pottered round doing fuck knows what. At least, until one of their mates came in and they had a gasbag before hooking him up with a guitar to play. Who knows, he may have even been buying.
I find the KBB branded staff seem to be better than the RS branded staff.

The hutt team seem to be better than town. They just dont have the range of stuff because they are smaller.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:39 am
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by mrmofo »

it depends on who ya get, a yearish ago there was a complete knob working at Krd. he isn't there anymore! yay.

it`s hard, it depends on how one sees themselves, to be gazed upon like some dude from a BeachBoys coverband when you were jamming canibalcorpse only an hour earlier

User avatar
Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 1332 times
Been liked: 434 times
Contact:

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Terexgeek »

mrmofo wrote:it depends on who ya get, a yearish ago there was a complete knob working at Krd. he isn't there anymore! yay.

it`s hard, it depends on how one sees themselves, to be gazed upon like some dude from a BeachBoys coverband when you were jamming canibalcorpse only an hour earlier
Dude, ditch the floral shirt, chinos, boat shoes and straw fedora, you'll be sweet!
Tin Awesome Random Samick Experience!!

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:39 am
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by mrmofo »

Terexgeek wrote:
mrmofo wrote:it depends on who ya get, a yearish ago there was a complete knob working at Krd. he isn't there anymore! yay.

it`s hard, it depends on how one sees themselves, to be gazed upon like some dude from a BeachBoys coverband when you were jamming canibalcorpse only an hour earlier
Dude, ditch the floral shirt, chinos, boat shoes and straw fedora, you'll be sweet!
getting dressed, going outside: without the Straw Fedora. ain't gonna happen

User avatar
WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2432
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Welly
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 217 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by WellyBlues »

Called into Andertons in Guildford on our way to Gatwick today. Some nice Reverends there so gassing for one. Mostly the rest was the normal stuff but a few Dusenbergs as well, far outside my pay scale. It was just cool to drop in and have a look.

Had to laugh though, one of the young sales guys was telling a young customer, "once you start buying pedals you'll find that one isn't enough."

Back in NZ on Friday. Been a great trip. Going via Hong Kong, won't be leaving the airport hotel given what's going on there.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days" Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 18961
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 1976 times
Been liked: 2568 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Molly »

WellyBlues wrote:Called into Andertons in Guildford on our way to Gatwick today. Some nice Reverends there so gassing for one. Mostly the rest was the normal stuff but a few Dusenbergs as well, far outside my pay scale. It was just cool to drop in and have a look.

Had to laugh though, one of the young sales guys was telling a young customer, "once you start buying pedals you'll find that one isn't enough."

Back in NZ on Friday. Been a great trip. Going via Hong Kong, won't be leaving the airport hotel given what's going on there.
Safe trip. Hopefully not too far behind you.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 26435
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 3737 times
Been liked: 1978 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by jeremyb »


User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 18961
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 1976 times
Been liked: 2568 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:Need to make a replica me thinks! https://reverb.com/item/19617075-used-e ... ox-and-coa
Amazing. Eddie built that guitar on a budget with a 'second' $50 body. You'd think the cool thing to do would be to make your own budget-bitsa. Not that I've never been guilty of paying a sight more than is strictly necessary... :-(

I'd like to build a double-bound Bigsby Tele with TV Jones pickups. I guess not a million miles from the cool as fuck black one Reg had / has.

Post Reply