What are you gassing for?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Pvt. Ryan
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 254
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:56 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Pvt. Ryan »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:44 pm The new Soldano SLO pedal - droooool

And a PRS Archon 50...
I couldn't agree with you more 8)

User avatar
bender
Darth Fader
Posts: 11799
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Dorkland
Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 1005 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by bender »

hamo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:16 pm
Jay wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:04 pm Revstar one off models

Korina P90 Revstar for Slowy :D

https://www.alston-family.co.uk/Revstar/custom.php
Oh man there's some sexy on that page
Oh man! I LOVE the bolt on with the gold foils!

User avatar
Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 7698
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm
Has liked: 1621 times
Been liked: 1290 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Jay »

bender wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:48 pm
hamo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:16 pm
Jay wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:04 pm Revstar one off models

Korina P90 Revstar for Slowy :D

https://www.alston-family.co.uk/Revstar/custom.php
Oh man there's some sexy on that page
Oh man! I LOVE the bolt on with the gold foils!
Interesting isn't it...never heard of Yamaha Artist Services until now
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 22473
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 2450 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:04 pm Revstar one off models

Korina P90 Revstar for Slowy :D

https://www.alston-family.co.uk/Revstar/custom.php
Yes Please!!!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

User avatar
H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2297
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 263 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by H671 »

NippleWrestler wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:30 pm I'm looking at the PRS MT15 for some portable chugging. I've got some jams happening and carrying my dual rec isn't anymore fun than it was 3 years ago. I love the amp to death but it's enormous.

The MT15 looks to have a decent feature set for the price (around $1k imported).
One has just poppedupon Trademe.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace ... f=7ZdLwq14
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

User avatar
NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1044 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by NippleWrestler »

H671 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:55 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:30 pm I'm looking at the PRS MT15 for some portable chugging. I've got some jams happening and carrying my dual rec isn't anymore fun than it was 3 years ago. I love the amp to death but it's enormous.

The MT15 looks to have a decent feature set for the price (around $1k imported).
One has just poppedupon Trademe.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace ... f=7ZdLwq14
I saw that, thanks. It's the older model with the hum issues (newer ones after 2021 are 5881 and a different circuit) and still $200 more than I can import new. I'm just waiting on the black friday sale to see if something happens before pulling the trigger now.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 20582
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 628 times
Been liked: 799 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by hamo »

Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

User avatar
MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2861
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:43 pm
Location: Red Beach, Auckland
Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 844 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by MikeC »

Lean & mean, I like it.
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

User avatar
AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 7658
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:33 pm
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 695 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by AiRdAd »

hamo wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:17 pm I like the look of this

https://click3.charvel.com/e/evib?_t=0b ... wJ_eQhtJXg
there have been a couple of nice USA Charvels on Trademe over the last few weeks. they seem very pricey though
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 20582
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 628 times
Been liked: 799 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by hamo »

AiRdAd wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:52 am
hamo wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:17 pm I like the look of this

https://click3.charvel.com/e/evib?_t=0b ... wJ_eQhtJXg
there have been a couple of nice USA Charvels on Trademe over the last few weeks. they seem very pricey though
Prices just going up along with everything else I imagine.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

User avatar
jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:34 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by jhyang549 »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:52 pm Hanging out for a neural dsp black friday or cyber monday sale so I can grab the Rabea archetype plugin, and about the only other thing is a P-bass pickup to match the incoming SD Jazz for my Artist bass :)
Neural DSP will start their black Friday sales at 11am Friday this week, and will last until the end of the month.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 40433
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 7561 times
Been liked: 4113 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:08 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:52 pm Hanging out for a neural dsp black friday or cyber monday sale so I can grab the Rabea archetype plugin, and about the only other thing is a P-bass pickup to match the incoming SD Jazz for my Artist bass :)
Neural DSP will start their black Friday sales at 11am Friday this week, and will last until the end of the month.
I have been watching the emails with much excitement!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 7554
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:14 pm
Location: South Brighton
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 945 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by foal30 »

Definitely not the Red early year Moon Fretless on TM

No. No way. Not me. Never
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

User avatar
WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3832
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Welly
Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 343 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by WellyBlues »

foal30 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:15 pm Definitely not the Red early year Moon Fretless on TM

No. No way. Not me. Never
Happy NBD. :lol:
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8420
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 1092 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by robthemac »

This looks awesome. 12W single-ended combo with EQ, a bypassable tone-stack, spring reverb and built-in attenuation. You're paying handsomely for the privilege, of course.

https://guitar.com/review/amplifier/the ... -amp-kt66/
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Post Reply