Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Molly »

Not feeling gassy at the moment. Want my gear to hurry up and arrive from the UK but that aside, I just want a rosewood Strat really.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I want that Tokai LP Special on TradeMe
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

sizzlingbadger wrote:I want that Tokai LP Special on TradeMe
Can't believe Troy's one hasn't sold yet, free shipping too. Might be just a tough time of year to try to shift stuff aye

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Jellybelly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
sizzlingbadger wrote:I want that Tokai LP Special on TradeMe
Can't believe Troy's one hasn't sold yet, free shipping too. Might be just a tough time of year to try to shift stuff aye
Buggered if I know why it is still not sold.
Thing is mint and have even offered it up for 1250 inc freight on the forum and still it sits. PRS is also a steal at 2k for anyone here :thumbup:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

After a nice set of PAF's for my LP Standard. Seriously thinking about pre-ordering a set of these...

https://reverb.com/nz/item/29692751-moj ... bucker-set

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:After a nice set of PAF's for my LP Standard. Seriously thinking about pre-ordering a set of these...

Stock ones no good?

When I got my LP (05 std) I was expecting to do a bit of pickup swapping/ hunting, but the burst buckers in there turned out to be too good to take out.

Played a bunch of forum LPs at gearfests and pretty comfortable that I’m not missing out.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by jimi »

jimi wrote: When I got my LP (05 std) I was expecting to do a bit of pickup swapping/ hunting, but the burst buckers in there turned out to be too good to take out.
Haha, so I posted this then thought I’ll go read some threads about the BB Pro’s... turns out of people who can be bothered to post about them, there are a lot more saying they suck... I’m just going to assume 90% are forum warriors who feel the need to shit on Gibson pickups just because they aren’t <insert brand of favoured pickups here>.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

jimi wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:After a nice set of PAF's for my LP Standard. Seriously thinking about pre-ordering a set of these...

Stock ones no good?

When I got my LP (05 std) I was expecting to do a bit of pickup swapping/ hunting, but the burst buckers in there turned out to be too good to take out.

Played a bunch of forum LPs at gearfests and pretty comfortable that I’m not missing out.
They're okay, but seem to lack a little clarity and presence compared to the Tokai. I haven't taken them out, I'm sure they're stock but I don't know what they are off the top of my head

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

jimi wrote:

Stock ones no good?

The les Paul custom I had 6 months ago had burstbuckers in it, and they were fantastic. I'm the same, I always change the pickups in my les Paul's. I even double checked them to make sure they weren't swapped out already. I've had burstbuckers before and they were OK, these were great
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Have always been disappointed with the standard Gibson CS pu's. However really does depend on the guitar. The current Custom Buckers which I have in a 2018 R8 do the job pretty well and are the first stock pu's I havn't hurried to whip out. Probably because they are the first unpotted set to come to me in a Gibson. I've always found the Classics and BB's sound better after an hour with a hairdryer to get some of the wax out of them.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by jimi »

Not GASing for anything right now, which is nice for a change, but a few days off work with not a lot to do has me browsing the Tard for the 1st time in ages.

If I was of a mind to GAS for something, it'd be that 66 Jag Mr Dino has for sale, but even so I reckon this is fecking gorgeous…
https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... 582057.htm

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

jimi wrote: even so I reckon this is fecking gorgeous…
https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... 582057.htm
That will be relisted until the end of time.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I may have mentioned I'm having a thing for strats at the moment...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

jeremyb wrote:I may have mentioned I'm having a thing for strats at the moment...
One of the best things about kdawgs world of guitars is you can pretty much borrow one indefinately! And if for some reason ol' kdawg needs the one you have back, you can trade for a different colour!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

I can't recommend SD Seth Lovers enough. To me they nail that PAF tone, at a reasonable price, without going waaaayyyy down the rabbit hole that PAF tone defines
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.